Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Hello, 2015! Have We Got Plans For You!


One of the most fun parts of working with Reviews, Chews & How-Tos is that it has given each of us the opportunity to get to know more about one another, and for each of us, there is increased motivation to work on our own goals when we know we might be accountable in a post!

While not all of us are into 'resolutions', most of us have plans and goals for the next year, and a few of the RCH writers have agreed to share theirs.  We'd love to hear about your plans for the next year too - leave a comment so we can all inspire one another!

~ ~ @ ~ ~ 

Every year, I resolve to keep my house clean, and while it is cleaner, I still have a ways to go. 

This year, I am going to focus on two specific goals, in hopes that one of them might actually happen!

Oh, the Paper!  

My first goal is to get the house, specifically, my kids’ school work, organized. 

When my oldest started school, I was surprised by all the paper she brought home. Now that my youngest is in kindergarten, we have three students in school and we are drowning in paper! It is truly mind-boggling, between projects, art-work and general homework, how many trees my kids are burning through. 

Last year, I put their papers in magazine holders, which split from all the paper. This year I made them a stacking paper holder, that was a total fail. Now, I have a binder for each of them. Since we have moved to tear-off textbooks, I am hopeful that this will also give them a starting point for studying, as well.

Mo' Messes, Mo' Problems

My oldest, turned 10 this year and her messes have gone from amusing to epic. Not only does she love to make slime and play doh and putty, but she can go on-line and get loads of recipes to feed her creativity. (Heaven help me when she discovers Pinterest!) 

Consequently, I am constantly finding half-filled bottles of supremely disgusting concoctions everywhere. I am sure that when she is an award winning chemist, this will be great. Until then… I find myself cleaning out slime, congealed oils and other grossness. 

My goal is empower my kids to clean up after themselves and/or to find a way to harness my oldest creative energies in a positive manner. Over Christmas, we gave her a sugar scrub kit and that went over quite well, so there is hope!

So, there are my two goals for 2015! Now, I must go clean up yesterday’s epic slime-fest. Let’s just say that food coloring, shaving cream, glue and glitter, should NEVER be used together, despite what you might read on Pinterest.
~ ~ @ ~ ~ 


Its that time of year where we all decide what changes we will make to better ourselves in the coming new year. I have to admit that I was always one to make a resolution and never worry much about it. This year is going to be different for me. There’s a lot of stuff I want to change but I am also being realistic about it and making decisions that I know can happen. Sure, the will take a lot of work, but I am willing and ready to put in the work. So here it goes.

I want to get off the couch more. I will donate my time and energy to local projects to better the community as well as just spend more time outside. That can be hard to do here in the Mojave Desert at times because of the weather, but I plan the make the best of what time I have here. I want to take my daughter hiking in the mountains so that she can experience the beauty that this place holds. If my wife is willing to accompany us she is more than welcome to join and enjoy the scenery.

I want to be an all-around better husband and father. I know at times I lose my patience with both my wife and oldest daughter. I want to include Hailey (age 5) in more that I do and treat Jackie to things that she has always wanted. I want to spend more time together as a family and less time connected to the internet.

And lastly, I will better myself physically and mentally. 

I’d like to work out more on my own. I want to lose at least 15 pounds in the next few months and would like to ultimately be back down to 160 by the time we PCS to Italy in October. 

I also want to dedicate to reading one book a month this year. I have never been much of a reader but I have been finding myself enjoying it much more often now that I ever have. 

I am also open to suggestions on what books to read! I am huge fan of fantasy novels. I have read the entire Lord of the Rings series including The Hobbit. I really enjoyed reading The Hunger Games series as well. I am currently about to start the Maze Runner series. Let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions for me!

We here at Reviews, Chews, and How-to’s as well as the Snider Family wish you all a happy and prosperous new year. I hope you all work as hard as we do to achieve our resolutions and can find the drive you need to maintain your changes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

 ~ ~ @ ~ ~


10 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see everyone's goals for the new year! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my sounds like some great plans I have made a few of my own as well
    thanks for sharing come see what we shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to a lot of these goals. Jenny - I had to giggle about boobs. As a small gal, being a new mom was unbelievable in that area. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post with equally great goals!! I definitely need to work on my organiztion of Kiddie papers and such ...it is all stuffed in a drawer at this point LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's some great inspiration for New Year's Resolutions in this post and it's lovely to get to know all the writers a little better too! Thank you for sharing this post with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So many great plans and resolutions for 2015! Best wishes for all of you in your endeavors! Thanks so much for sharing at Talented Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi companions my website webhostingsoffer. This site
    https://webhostingsoffer.com/ gives us relative data from facilitating and determines what is presented on hosting.

    ReplyDelete