Friday, December 19, 2014

Review: Handmade Charms by Sasha Smith


I have a confession. Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to have a charm bracelet. My biggest problem was that I simply couldn't find charms that were unique enough and still meant something to me. And even though I can knit a badass sweater, I never did learn how to make my own adorable charms. Therefore, my charm bracelet dreams never came to be.

Enter Handmade Charms by Sasha Smith, and her Etsy shop, Squished Berries! Sasha makes completely adorable charms out of polymer clay. Now, being crafty myself, I've dabbled in the world of polymer clay, but she creates such wonderfully detailed pieces of art that I couldn't even dream of making. Every charm comes with a lobster clasp to make putting the charm on and taking it off of your bracelet extremely easy.


I was finally able to realize my dream of a charm bracelet when I received four adorable charms, two beautiful scones (because I told her that I like to bake) and two mother baby charms (hearts with footprints) to represent each of my children. I also received a set of super cute fun chocolate chip cookie earrings. I quickly put them on a link bracelet I already owned.

The level of detail on these is absolutely amazing, especially on the scones. The icing and chips are simply perfect. Every time I wear my (frankly too cute) charms, I get a plethora of comments and compliments on them. Also with my charms and earrings there was a lovely handwritten “Thank you and Happy Holidays” note that added a sweet, personal touch to the whole thing.  That's the sort of extra that I really appreciate about small businesses.

While browsing her Etsy shop, I found that most of her charms are drool worthy food, from caramel apples to sushi, though there are a few nonfood items as well.

 She also offers a plain necklace and a plain bracelet so you can get everything to make your own charmed jewelry in one place.

 Also available are a couple custom charm bracelets, a pregnancy cravings bracelet where you can put all of your favorite pregnancy foods on a bracelet, and a book bracelet that lets you proudly show off your favorite books.

While she is currently not taking any more orders until the new year, I am definitely keeping HandmadeCharms by Sasha Smith in mind for future gifting opportunities, as well as updating my new shiny charm bracelet!   

11 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the themed ones. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with the little foot prints! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ordered a lot from Sasha, a danish theme for my Nana whos family is from Denmark, Olaf, Tigers baseball and bat, Thomas the train, Minnie mouse, pigs, chicks, and so much more they make perfect gifts. I have never been less than amazed with each new order, she is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy you have good talent for samll thing thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your charms. They are really cute and personable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have time to handmake charms, but I don't. These are simply adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I can't believe the talent and skill it takes to make these tiny, realistic charms. I love that they're handmade. What great gifts these would make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I spy a Starbucks cup? I totally need that charm, if so :) Heading to her shop right now.
    Thanks for sharing.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely WILL have a charm bracelet with my favorite books (ok it might have to be 3-4 bracelets) The artwork of the covers is absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted a charm bracelet. Love the little charms she makes they're so good that it's actually making me crave a croissant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really pretty, my daughter would love these.

    ReplyDelete