Saturday, December 6, 2014

Review: PowerBark Bars


I have been a dog owner since the day I was born.  As a farmer's daughter and avid outdoorswoman, I’m also outside quite frequently.  

Most of the dogs we had growing up were working dogs, but also pets.  We have fewer working dogs now, and way more pets, but their needs are still the same.  


When I was given the chance to try out these PowerBark Bars, I was very excited, because I've been wanting to involve my pet in more of my outdoor activities such as camping trips.  PowerBark Bars are a nutritionally complete dog meal in an easy to carry solid bar, making it easy to take along and to serve your dog while you are both out roaming. 

They also store easily and for a good length of time, which to me was just practical.

When I received my bars in the mail, they were in a protected envelope, complete with an instruction document on the bars themselves.  Each bar is individually wrapped in thick packaging that ensures it will last with a shelf-life of 12-18 months, which makes them really handy to keep with your emergency supplies just in case.


One bar is a complete meal for a 30 pound dog, so your dogs needs will vary depending on how big or small they are.  Our pitt mix, Cort, is approximately 50 pounds, so a bar and a half does him pretty well. If we were going to be out for a whole day, we would take 3 bars with us for the day.

The ingredients in each bar started out as ingredients in the creators kitchen, one of which happens to be a nutritionist.  So in them you will find things like oatmeal, molasses, and oils.  There are some supplemental vitamins included, and most of the protein comes from pea protein.  It’s a healthy mix and balance for a meal replacement bar on the go.

 Each bar is around $4, but you can get an entire box for under $50.  They also provide FREE SHIPPING, so you can’t go wrong with that deal.

 When I opened the first bar, Cort must have smelled them and became very intrigued.  As you can see, he was “patiently” awaiting the new noms he smelled before him  I am happy to report that Cort approves his new PowerBark Bars.  The taste test did not last long, and he devoured it fairly quickly.




 Once I had Cort's approval on the taste, I knew I had the rest of the bars to use when we go camping next.  Funny enough, later that week we ran out of dog food and I was out of town for an interview and my dad was tending to Cort at the time.  He remembered about the PowerBarks, and was able to use one to act as a meal replacement until I could get home to replenish Cort’s food supply.  So this has a very practical value for even the non-outdoorsman.

Keep a few bars in your house for a snow day, keep some in your car ,for road trips, take some with you when you go for extended hikes or camping.  Whatever your needs, think of your furry companions needs in an emergency or when away from home.  These bars are an easy way to set your mind at ease.

https://www.facebook.com/PowerBark
http://www.powerbark.com/




We were Featured!

VMG 206



Shared with:
                                                                

           


6 comments:

  1. This is so genius! I could see leaving a handful of these in my cars for homeless dogs for sure. Also, as a military family, a move in inevitable every few year, and driving across country with a giant bag of dog food, and bowls, and stopping long enough for the dog to eat it.. it kind of a pain in the butt. I will definitely buy some for out next move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! When my son takes the pups for a run down at the river it's a couple miles, they would probably love a couple bites to help recover. Hadn't thought to have some on hand for homeless dogs, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such a clever and innovative idea. I love the idea for stray dogs too! Awwww!!!
    manifestmiracles@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool snack on the go for dogs! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE These! We decided to put together a bug out bag for the dogs to carry in an emergency. These were perfect! They are soft and easy to break off into small pieces. Purchased them at www.whywewag.com. Noticed they already used them in a backpack they sell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE These! We decided to put together a bug out bag for the dogs to carry in an emergency. These were perfect! They are soft and easy to break off into small pieces. Purchased them at www.whywewag.com. Noticed they already used them in a backpack they sell.

    ReplyDelete