Monday, May 15, 2017

Review: Prep Dish Meal Plan Subscription Service



There is one argument that is a constant in my house. As a matter of fact, the Mister and I have this fight nearly every single night. It's really the only thing we fight about.

What do you want for dinner?

This question is the main cause of friction in my marriage, because he wants to eat what I want to cook and I want to cook what he wants to eat. See our dilemma?

Without question, meal planning is a great solution because you don't have to worry about that dreaded question every night - it's already decided! And, you only have to go the grocery store (my least favorite chore) once that week, getting all of your ingredients in one trip.

However, when we have tried meal planning before, it always seems to end up with the same few meals over and over again, and my begging him for some input about what he wants to eat. After a couple weeks, I just give up.

Just when I was resigned to the belief that meal planning couldn't work for us, I encountered Prep Dish. Prep Dish is a meal plan subscription that offers both Gluten Free and Paleo menus.



Plans start at $14/month and the subscription includes a meal plan for four dinners, one breakfast, a side salad, a snack, and a dessert, along with a grocery list, and instructions for a prep day as well as each day's instructions.

Prep Dish has eliminated my dinner distress and has made dinner time quick and easy, which, as the mom of two little ones, is always appreciated!

With every meal plan, there is a prep day, which takes about two hours (sometimes a bit longer), but after that initial day, the meals are extremely quick to whip together. If you use Sunday to prep, your dinners for during the week are all set, and there's no worry about endless chopping after a long day!

If, however, there is one week where you won't have an entire afternoon to dedicate to meal prep, there's even a week's menu that has a quick prep, which will take only about an hour.

I don't often have the luxury to be in the kitchen for hours because the Mister is active duty military and often gone for a few months. I shudder to think about the state of my house with the kids left without adequate supervision for that long!

Instead, I have found a different way to get around the meal prep day. I color code each bit of prep for each meal, and use that code to do the prep before dinner like normal.

Each month, you get access to the menus for every week, as well as the quick prep week, for both Gluten Free and Paleo diets.

These recipes are written with the intention of a family of four eating them, two adults and two children. With only one or two adults and one child eating these meals, I have found that the leftovers after about two weeks can get us through nearly an entire week of dinners!

I've been using Prep Dish for about six weeks now, and I am going to continue using Prep Dish to make my life, or at least my dinners, much easier!

http://prepdish.com
https://www.facebook.com/PrepDish/



2 comments:

  1. Every once in a while I get on a meal planning kick and it last for a couple of weeks. Inevitably I get bored and decided I want something not on the menu. Meal prep sounds like a good idea and I will look into it. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope your week is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any meal planning services yet. But I would love to try them. I need help when it comes to meal ideas. I'm tired of eating the same old things.


    #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete