Friday, August 25, 2017

Anime Bento Unboxing


Once again, I was treated to a fun Anime Bento Box! For those of you who don't know, Anime Bento is a subscription service that sends a box full of anime goodies and even includes a yummy Japanese snack!

This month's box included two figurines, one Sailor Moon and one Dragon Ball, a Ranma Express tee shirt, an Anime Bento file folder, and a grape chewing candy. Also in the Bento Box was a card detailing what was included in the box and a sneak peak of the next one!


Everyone I know at least knows of Sailor Moon, even if they didn't watch it. The figurine I got was Sailor Moon herself, in her Princess form.


She sits atop a little stand, and according to the pictures on the box, she can even perch on a glass rim. Unfortunately, my day to day glasses are too thick for this, so I only get to utilize this feature if I'm drinking from my wine glasses. So, for the most part, she lives on the shelf with the rest of my adorable anime figurines.


Dragon Ball Z was actually the very first anime I ever saw. I remember my brother and my dad watching it together every Saturday morning, while I usually read on the couch. To be completely honest, I never actually cared for the fight filled anime that honestly reminded me of a Superman knock off, but I still knew exactly what I was going to do with the figurine!


My brother had his birthday this month, and I knew he'd appreciate it as a decoration for his new house, so I wrapped it up and shipped it off to him, glad to know that it would be enjoyed.

The bright red shirt is a fun play on the well known restaurant, Panda Express. After a bit of searching, I found that it references the anime Ranma ½ that follows a teen aged boy who, due to an accident in his training, becomes a girl when splashed with cold water.


It has been said that Ranma ½ was actually one of the first anime/manga to become popular in the US, which makes it interesting enough that it's been added to my ever growing “to watch” list.

The file folder for this month is the same pocket type that I have come to expect from Anime Bento. The three Bento Girls in kimonos grace the front. With the school year fast approaching, I know that I will be using this!



Finally, the treat in this month's box was a grape chewing candy. Like the Pokemon candy from last month, I at first thought it was gum, but found out otherwise.

Usually, I absolutely loathe grape flavored candies, and thought it was going to be a treat for Mischief, but after smelling it, I decided to give it a try. I'm not sure what the exact difference is between Japanese grape flavoring and US grape flavoring, but I have come to the conclusion that the Japanese is by far the superior. Every single time I have gotten a grape something or other for a treat, I have ended up liking it.



Once again, I have gotten a lovely Anime Bento Box, full of goodies that I can use and love. If a monthly box like this seems up your alley, subscriptions start at $35.00/month.



http://www.animebento.com/
https://www.facebook.com/animebentous/
https://twitter.com/AnimeBentous
https://www.instagram.com/animebentous/



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up at The Blogger’s Pit Stop Link Party. I’m sharing your link on social media.
    Carol (“Mimi”) from Home with Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got such a great box of goodies. My daughter is a huge anime fan, and would have loved to get all that came in your box!

    #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Become a hunter and throw yourself in the battle against mad supernatural creatures. In the hide online mod apk, you'll find yourself in a world of horrific monsters that destroy almost everything living on Earth. You will travel around different locations, looking for artifacts and weapons that can help you with your quest.
    https://apkmodule.com/hide-online-mod-apk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. anime is fun, i personally like anime a bit much but this time all i want is the best platform to get help for my assignment works and for that reason i am searching here and there to get the best site, but my friend now suggest me about Report writing service from where i can easily get the solution for me.

    ReplyDelete