Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Review: Lylicraft Handsewn Pillow Slips


Throw pillows are a wonderful way to add a splash of color to your room, but boy are they pricey sometimes! And if they aren't pricey, they are usually rough as a burlap sack or fall apart in the wash.

Pillow slips make a great alternative - you can change out your pillow slip to suit the season or your mood, and they're easily removed from the pillow form for washing.

I recently received two pillow slips from the Etsy shop Lylicraft, and they are wonderful.

Lylicraft is run by Lyli Kassim from her home in Malaysia. She uses Malaysian Batik fabrics and other beautiful fabrics to craft pillow slips and cosmetic bags.

Her pillow slips come in two sizes: 16x16 inches square and 18x18 inches square. I received one of each size in beautiful, jewel toned colors.

The fabric is incredibly soft and feels cool to the touch which is an interesting characteristic.

The slips are closed with a hidden zipper rather than being the fold over style. I much prefer the zipper.

Looking closely at all the seems, you can see that Lyli takes great care in crafting her items. Each seam has been doubled over so there are no raw edges to fray.



They fit over my IKEA Fjadrar throw pillows very well. I was able to stuff the same sized pillow in each slip. The 16" pillow just ends up being much fuller.

My Lylicraft slips have held up well to several washes already. I wanted to put them through a thorough test in that arena and they still look brand new.

I am very impressed with this product and would highly recommend it to anyone.



The 16" slip sells for $10.00 and shipping from Malaysia to my area code came up as $2.00. I don't see any 18" pillows in her shop as of this date so that size may no longer be available.

To view other items in the Lylicraft shop you can visit this Etsy link or check out her Facebook page.



https://www.etsy.com/shop/LyliCraft
https://www.facebook.com/LyliCraftShop/





3 comments:

  1. Love this! I'll need to check these out for my pillows. #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, love a great throw pillow, you can change out the covers for the season, and it changes the whole feeling of the room. And I am a sucker for a great pillow, you can never have too many, can you?

    These look like they fit the pillow perfectly and the workmanship is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bed linen design. I read your article and i like your writing skill. Can you tell me how to create Bed Linens design.

    ReplyDelete