Friday, April 24, 2015

Review: Second Nature Snacks


When you are on the go a lot like I am, whether it is for business or pleasure, nothing sucks more than being on the road with a big dose of “hangry”.  For those not familiar with foodie terms, hangry is the mood you are in when you are so hungry you get angry, hence “hangry”.

One of my favorite to-go snacks for between meetings or while out camping in the woods, is a good nutty trail-mix.  Unfortunately eating the same trail-mix every day can get boring and some of them are full of trans-fats or sodium, which doesn’t help my blood pressure during business meetings.

When I received my box of Second Nature Snacks, I was pleased to see they have a simple spin on my trail-mix dilemma.  They carry a variety of mixes AND sizes, and their snacks have no trans-fat and very little sodium.  Plus, their wholesome medley had chocolate chunks and cashews, two of my favorite things.


My medleys arrived in a plain brown box rather quickly (within a week), and the two types of medley’s each had their own individual boxes with the individually packaged snack bags inside.  The two medley’s I received were:

  • Wholesome Medley - almonds, cashews, peanuts, cherries, cranberries, and dark chocolate
  • Simplicity Medley - almonds, cranberries, cashews, sunflower kernels, dried blueberries

Second Nature Snacks uses all natural ingredients, and mix their assortment with things that compliment each other well so they don’t need extra sweetness or salt in order to taste good.  Each ingredient looks hand-selected to provide a powerful punch of nutrition while out and about, such as dried blueberries which are rich in Vitamins A, C, E, beta-carotene, fiber, and antioxidants.  They are gluten-free as well, which is excellent for my paleo-minded friends.


You can purchase in 14oz resealable pouches (great for family camping), or 2.25oz single serves (great for the purse or hiking).  They are easy to tear open, and I prefer the single serve packages because I have no manners and just pour them down my gullet.

My favorite was definitely the wholesome medley, mainly because of the chocolate, but they have several to choose from on their website.  They have a cranberry medley that looks divine with a mix of chocolates and some tart cranberries (I’m a big tart fan).

These will definitely be a requirement for my many camping trips I have planned for this year.  I love the idea of natural and wholesome ingredients in my mixes that will provide me with the nourishment I need and not all the unhealthy stuff from conventional mixes (trans-fat, extra sodium and sugar). 

You can find a store near you to purchase your own flavor package to take on the road or just enjoy in your back yard.  They are also available online from Amazon. Give them a try!


Second Nature Snacks on Facebook





7 comments:

  1. The Wholesome Medley sounds delicious! I love mixed nuts with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter tried these delicious snacks. I have not as of yet, but I do want to try the California Medley.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trailmix!! These sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I have learn this submit and if I may just I desire to recommend you few attention-grabbing things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to learn more things approximately it!
    clucoffeefood |

    foodiefruitgarden |

    fruitfoodie |

    fruitfulfoodie |

    prescottseafood |

    cobaltfishfood |

    foodloversmiami |

    attardcofoodstuffs |

    samanfood |

    foodmanagementms |

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!
    organicspahome |

    stvincentshouse |

    realmexteriors |

    atltophomes |

    hrmopenhome |

    greenhouse-agency |

    oldstonefarmhousevi |

    makingahomeincary |

    happyanimalscanthink |

    socialanimaltrust |

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. You have given such an interesting account of the events. The reaction would have certainly proved some of the communities. But personally I feel that you made the right decision. You just need to give it some time to settle down
    avhomecarenh |

    thehouseofsari |

    mthome |

    fijibeachouse |

    minimalhome |

    theseedhome |

    stayhomeadaptation |

    capassivehouse |

    realestateinthepearl |

    cresrealestate |

    ReplyDelete