Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Crazy Cups Review


Here is my deal with coffee...

When 4am rolls around and I know a the baby is going to need to be fed in a matter of minutes, it's so nice to be able to make a quality cup of coffee, almost in the blink of an eye, with my handy dandy Keurig.

I like to think of it as 'the calm before the storm' making my cup of coffee in peace and usually being able to enjoy 2-3 sips before all hell breaks loose, baby and toddler style.

The hardest part for me when converting to K-Cups for the Keurig was how many choices there were! I found myself standing in the coffee aisle for upwards to thirty minutes sometimes just trying to decide if I wanted some off the wall crazy flavored coffee or just a regular, wake-me-up-NOW flavor.

I remember pondering many times how nice it would be to be able to get a multi-flavor variety pack of K-Cups so I could try new things when I wanted to, and better yet in the comfort of my own home. There were never really enough flavors in the grocery aisle to jump out and excite me or make me want to try something new.

Then I came across Crazy Cups and I must say my whole coffee world changed.


When I was presented with the opportunity to review a coffee product by a company that I had heard great things about, I was very excited to say the least. Crazy Cups sells recyclable single serve coffee cups (K-Cups) as well as single serve hot chocolate and tea cups for the Keurig machine also.



As I first received my sample box from crazy cups, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of k-cups they sent in the multi-flavored sample box. Right when I opened the box I immediately started smelling a mix of different coffee flavors which was actually pretty awesome considering most coffee K-Cups I have used don't really have a smell at all until they actually start brewing. At first I felt overwhelmed, not because there were so many flavors, but more because every flavor to choose from was so unique and sounded so incredibly delicious it was a struggle cup to cup, trying to decide which flavor I wanted to try next.


What was so exciting about this sample pack is that I got to try a different cup of coffee almost every day for a month! I honestly found that I liked almost every flavor, but every now and then when there was one that just stuck out from how incredible it tasted, I made a note so I can go back online and purchase my favorite flavors again from Crazy Cups.

One flavor that really had me impressed was the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. I thought those flavors were something you just couldn't mix with coffee and I was surely wrong. It had the perfect amount of each individual flavoring that you would taste in a PB&J sandwich but still had the nice bold taste of a great cup of coffee as well

My all time favorite flavor in the sample pack was Frosted Oatmeal Cookie. Before brewing it I was genuinely concerned about how something so sweet and savory could mix in with a coffee blend and actually taste pleasant. Well, somehow Crazy Cups did just that. From the very first sip I was in heaven.

It was amazing that the coffee still held a deep bold coffee flavor and taste, yet you could still fully grasp the taste of a frosted oatmeal cookie as well! It was like having a dessert with my coffee, and none of the extra calories added from an actual cookie!

Bananas Foster Flambé had me impressed. It was probably in my top three of favorite flavors. It is a great coffee to drink in the evening with dessert or even as a dessert after a nice meal. It's true to its name and very tasty in its banana-cake like flavor.

Death By Chocolate was exactly that...but when you 'die' you go to chocolate coffee heaven. I usually like to add a splash of milk and a teaspoon of sugar to my coffee, but death by chocolate can easily be enjoyed black by me. So yummy yet still very bold.


One flavor that I personally was not a huge fan of was Apple Pie a la Mode and I think that was just a personal preference from me not being a huge apple fan in the first place. The Apple Pie a la Mode K-Cup tasted like a mix between black coffee and apple cider.

Keurig recently made their newest coffee makers in a way where many non-Keurig brand K-Cups are not compatible with the new machines, but you need not worry with Crazy Cups because they are on top of their coffee game and have already created the new K-Cups needed for the newest Keurig machines. They also have the standard K-Cups for the older machines too, which is what I personally use.

If you go to Crazy Cups you have a lot of really cool options for purchasing your coffee. You have the ability to create your own gift box/variety pack. You can mix and match any of the coffee you desire for your pack! The website makes it really easy for you.

The variety pack I received is a 35-count for $36.90 US. I think the product is well worth the price and I look forward to trying more of their crazy flavors again.








11 comments:

  1. There are quite a lot of different flavors with this brand that I would enjoy. I really want to try the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich flavor, it sounds terrific.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try these, I think Frosted Oatmeal Cookie would be my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chelsea! I wanted to thank you for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party! When I saw what you shared I had to stop by to check it out...I love my Keurig and am all about crazy flavors and I've never heard of these ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The applie pie sounds good to me. Would love to try out all the flavors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frosted oatmeal cookie sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a fun product! I love their packaging too. This would make a great gift for my more adventurous coffee loving friends! I really want to try Death by Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why they call it crazy cups, those are some interesting flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness. I HAVE to try these!!! They sound absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like some tasty flavors! I love the PB and J. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's due time to order some more of these crazy yummy 'crazy cups' I want to order an entire box of the frosted oatmeal cookie, SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flavors sound (and smell) better than they actually taste. In honesty, the actual taste of the coffee is a complete let-down. And the company is a nightmare to deal with if you run into any problems with shipping (which I did numerous times). My advice, STAY AWAY from this company, it's not worth the hassle.

    ReplyDelete