Friday, April 3, 2015

How-To: Skin Soother Bag



This morning I did a very silly thing. I was in a hurry, and I hastily put sunblock on myself. Here in the Mohave Desert, this is a year round concern.  Being the pasty white color that I am, it took no time at the park for me to get a stinging sunburn. Thankfully, I happen to know how to make a fantastic soothing bag!
The ingredients for this skin soother are simple and things you may even have in your house right now! All you need is a small fabric drawstring bag (like a spice bag), some raw oatmeal (not in a package mix), and some lavender essential oil.

I put about a quarter cup of the oats and around 10 drops of the oil in the bag and tie it up. All you have to do from there is get it wet until the water running out of it is cloudy, then gently dab at the burn! You may have a chalky oatmeal residue, but leave it be, I promise it will help.

 I like to make it up as soon as I get home, then put it in the fridge until I'm able to take a bath that evening, when I put the bag in the water just like a bath tea. After your soak, dump the oatmeal in the garbage and wash out the bag. If you still have irritation the next day, just make up another!

You can use this soother bag for more than just sunburns too! I've used them when Mischief had Hand, Foot, and Mouth, when I got into some poison ivy, bug bites, and have had friends use them for eczema.

Aaahhhh....

Hope this easy skin soother bag helps you the next time your skin needs a little TLC.











Scrapality.com



23 comments:

  1. Great idea! I think I'll be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use oatmeal, honey and yogurt together for a facial mask. Does wonders for my skin and soothes it too. This idea will come in handy around here come summer. Linking up from My Favorite Things Saturdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and so easy! Thanks for linking up on the Saturday spotlight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to remember this for sunburns....we just got some Lavender oil :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. We use doTERRA too so I'll have to try this! Thanks for linking up at the Best of the Blogosphere Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice easy way to relieve burns!!! Many thanks for linking up with A Pinch of Joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using essential oils and it is great to have different oil recipes to try out for our skin.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a brilliant idea! I use oats for all sorts of DIY beauty recipes and they are wonderful. I never thought of using them like this though, what a great idea! Our house is always stocked up with oats :-)
    I also L-O-V-E your blog theme, it's beautiful
    Bobbyanne
    xxxx
    promisingbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing on Found & Foraged!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, especially for a sun burn, I'm going to try this soother bag. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love taking an oat bath when my skin is angry. Thanks for posting. Hello from the Fat Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE essential oils and all the wonderful DIY's for them. Thank you for sharing this tip on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great idea, I wish we had known about this kind of remedy when my kids were growing up, but then, I didnt have or even know what the internet was.

    Thanks for stopping by Friday Features Linky party this week to share your post!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea. I am very pasty and burn easily and often--no matter how much sunscreen I wear. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing. Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you being a part of our party. Please stop by on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday at While I'm Waiting! I'm new to the oils so I always enjoy finding new ways to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely, natural remedy! Your Skin Soother Bag will really come in handy this summer. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! What a wonderful idea and such a great natural remedy.

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

    Wishing you a lovely evening.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lavender oil works great on burns! Great idea! Pinned! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. I hope you can make it again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. canvas tote bag

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beaver says I also have such interest, you can read my profile here: What is a CBD oil tincture?

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. 加拿大签证

    ReplyDelete