Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review: Le Parcel



To our Male Readers: You might want to skip this one, unless you really want to wow a woman in your life and get her a gift subscription.

Lets take a moment to talk about something that might be a little taboo, but seriously shouldn’t be: Your periods. They happen. Usually every month and they are not usually fun.

There are many fun names for this monthly blessing/curse. My favorite is “Shark Week”. I tell people it's Shark Week and I either get a nod of sympathy or a groan.  It is a great way to warn my husband. He knows exactly what I’m talking about when I say Shark Week.

"I'm here for you..."
So, its coming up on Shark Week for me and I’m down to what was left in my last box of tampons. I have to go to the store.

I can picture it now. I’m standing at the checkout with my massive multi-pack of tampons, my panty liners, my giant bag of peanut M&M’s and some horrible tabloid magazine. Anyone can look at that and know right away what is going on in my life.

What if I don’t want that look of sympathy? That grimace from the teenage boy ringing up my purchases? How do I get these much needed items without changing out of my fat comfy pants and leaving the house?

The answer is Le Parcel! For just $15 a month plus shipping, I can get my choice of tampons, pads and panty liners, plus gourmet chocolates and a few awesome, pampering treats delivered to my door every month!!  The box will contain up to 25 items, so you can customize it for yourself by selecting how many period care items you need and what type and brand - the rest of the box will be filled with pampering treats and gifts.  You also get to set when it arrived, based on your own cycle!

My Le Parcel box was so pretty that I didn’t want to open it! The packaging was very discreet. It’s not like it said “Deliver with body armor, oh UPS person. The recipient is on the Red Rampage!”

Nope, its just a pretty little brown box that says Le Parcel. It looks like a present. It feels like a present. It does not feel like an angry reminder that the Crimson Tide is about to roll.



Inside the box, I found:
  • a pretty, peach colored bag filled with a variety of tampons and panty liners, 
  • another bag with my gourmet truffles, 
  • a sweet little tin of Rose Vanilla lip balm, 
  • a beautiful handmade journal, 
  • a tiny pack of chicklet style gum and 
  • a gorgeous pastel colored, Pura Vida Bracelet. 

This Shark Week doesn’t seem so bad now! I placed the bag of sundries in my bathroom and wasn’t the least bit embarrassed to leave it out where guests could see it.

I immediately donned my bracelet and lip balm, popped a few pieces of gum and sat down for a moment of quiet reflection in my new journal.

I have already decided I’m signing up for this one! I love the feeling of being pampered and Le Parcel delivers that feeling every month at a bargain!

If you’d like to sign up, you can visit their website, follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!









13 comments:

  1. man, do they have a subscription box service for everything; i do not think this one will get my money...though interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box is so beautiful, it really looks like a present. Do you can to choose sweet treats and other things or they are surpise for you?

    House cleaners Battersea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, that part is a surprise. You can customize your supplies though. You can choose all pads or an assortment of tampons and pads.

      Delete
  3. What does the bracelet do? Do they say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wraps around your wrist and looks pretty. As bracelets do. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the Le Parcel box. All the items you need without grimacing check out boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cool. Anything to make shark week better-- I have definitely stolen from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing on the (mis)Adventures Mondays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow there is a subscription box for everything now! LOL at Shark Week! #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  8. First I'm hearing of this....how awesome!! Definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really Impressive, keep it up for more updates. OGEN Infosystem provides responsive web design and seo services at an affordable price.
    Website Designing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this article.

    Bis Consultant

    ReplyDelete