Monday, November 13, 2017

Instant Pot Salsa Chicken


Way back in my Fort Irwin days, a group of us military spouses always did potluck at our regular Coffee Break gatherings, and one woman often brought in Salsa Chicken.

I had never heard of it previously, but it was really good. She used store bought jarred salsa, however, so I knew it could be better with my homemade batch (recipe here!)

This is an Instant Pot dish and as simple as could be! I have also done numerous times in the Crockpot.

Salsa Chicken
Serves 6.

Ingredients
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-3 cups of salsa (homemade or commercial)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Cumin
2 cups canned or frozen corn
2 cups prepared black beans
Toppings as desired: sour cream, avocado

Season thawed raw chicken breasts with spices to taste, and place on the trivet in the Instant Pot.

Add salsa, pouring on top of chicken and letting fall to bottom of pot.

If using my recipe, no extra water is needed. If using a very chunky variety, you may want a bit more liquid. Rule of thumb is one cup of any liquid.

Drain can of corn if you have enough liquid. Pour on top of chicken along with black beans, if using.

Close IP valve and set for 20m high pressure.

Let natural release until all steam is out.

Remove chicken and shred. Add more salsa if needed.

I usually include a can of black beans, but didn't this time. Instead I made a can of black refried beans, and piled it all on flour tortillas like a soft taco, adding sour cream and avocado!



9 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make a crock pot salsa chicken but it was very different from this! I look forward to trying this one - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for new InstaPot or chicken recipes, this looks drool-worthy. Dropped by from #FridayFrivolity and off to share so others can drool too. ;)
    Hope this weekend treats you kindly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will really enjoy your Salsa Chicken! What a great syrup to have on hand with winter coming on. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday. Come to next weeks Thanksgiving party on Tuesday at 8:00 am, CST, see you then!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - I have been looking at the InstaPot for a while now. My mom's pressure cooker was a staple in our house. This is absolutely a recipe I would make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks great! My hubs, who loves all things Mex would love this. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to check out these instant pots! We love Mexican flavor around here and I'm sure this would be something we would really like. Pinned and shared!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice article it's very helpful information. Thanks for sharing. And I hope you keep sharing such information Salsa Chicken

    ReplyDelete