Friday, December 4, 2015

Cookies'N'Cream Bark


A while back I saw a friend post about how easy it is to make homemade chocolate bark and instantly my brain went into overdrive with crazy ideas.
Today, I was busy cleaning all day and as I was sitting down to take a break, my son came up to me and asked if we can do something together and I thought this would be a great time to try out one of my chocolate bark ideas.

We started digging through the pantry to see what we have laying around and what we can do with it...we found white chocolate morsels, double stuffed Oreos and some dark chocolate morsels and my brain instantly thought about Cookies'N'Cream!
He was so excited that he got to help me melt the chocolate, experiment with cutting and sprinkle Oreo chunks all over.
This recipe is super simple (even if you don't own a microwave) and definitely something that you can do with kids without making a huge mess!


Cookies n' Cream Bark


Ingredients:
2 cup white chocolate morsels
1 cup Oreo chunks (don't toss the small crumbs!)
1/3 cup dark chocolate morsels (semi sweet morsels will work too), optional

Items you will need:
  • cookie sheet lined with tin foil
  • small pot with some water in it and a metal bowl (or a microwave safe dish)
  • rubber or silicone spatula
  • cutting board
  • knife
  • spoon, piping bag or zip lock bag
Makes approximately 1/2 cookie sheet of Cookies'N'Cream Bark.

Prep time: 5min
Cook time: 5min
Cool time: 20min
Total time: 30min

Step one:
Line your cookie sheet with tin foil and pour the white chocolate morsels in the metal bowl (or microwave safe dish)

Step two:
Cut your Oreos into small pieces.
Note - If you are preparing this recipe with a younger child that's learning how to use a sharp knife, please separate the two Oreo cookie halves to avoid them sliding away while cutting.
Step three:
Melt the white chocolate morsels in a double boiler (pot with hot water on stove, metal bowl placed on top) or in the microwave (10 second intervals, stirring in between).

Step four:
Once the white chocolate morsels are completely melted, add about 2/3 cups of the Oreo chunks and mix well until everything is combined.

Step five:
Spread the Oreo – white chocolate mixture on the cookie sheet, approximately ½ inch thick, then place bowl back on double boiler and add the dark chocolate morsels.

Step six:
While the Oreo – white chocolate mixture is still melted, sprinkle it with the remaining 1/3 cup of Oreo chunks

Step seven:
Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.  You can either use a spoon and just drizzle all over or use a piping bag (or zip lock bag instead of piping bag).

Place cookie sheet in the fridge for at least 20min.
Step eight:
Take the giant Cookies'N'Cream bark off the cookie sheet and break it into smaller pieces.

ENJOY! :)

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a party favorite in our house!

      Delete
  2. I love the cookies and cream hershey bars! I am going to have to try this, sounds so good, yummmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!

    I like that this recipe really involves putting different kinds of chocolate all in one mouthful. That's my kind of dessert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies and cream are my absolute favorite! This looks amazing! #SmallVictories

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOhhh - Cookies and Cream!!! This looks delicious! Thanks for Sharing on the What's for Dinner linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have thought about this, but I bet it's like the Hershey's Cookies n Cream bar that is so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why am I just finding out about this piece of genius!!! Need to make some this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm this looks scrumptious and perfect for the festive season. Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Over the Moon. It is great to have your support. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for the positive feadback!
    My family and friends love when I make cookies'n'cream bark and it's really so easy to make - even with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my friend! Great article, thanks. I just love sweets, especially chocolate. My favorite thing is to wrap myself up in a blanket with a cup of coffee and a bar of organic chocolate. A good cookie will do too. I will definitely try to cook according to your recipe, the children will be happy, thanks again! Good luck in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Blog! I'd want to express my appreciation for your efforts in writing this content. Also, do visit this article about History Of Morse Code if you're interested in learning more. In order to communicate securely, Morse code was also utilized during World War II.

    ReplyDelete