Friday, March 20, 2015

Easiest Chicken Tortilla Soup Ever!


If you are like me, your life is busy, you're constantly on the run and really don't want to come home and slave over the stove for an hour or two. Let me just say, whoever invented the crockpot is an amazing person and should receive a reward! I use mine religiously and at least once a week!

My family consists of my husband, myself and two picky little eaters. Most days I have to find a creative way to hide my veggies in the meal so they wont pick them out or cringe at the site of a chunk of corn or pepper.... Not with this recipe!! My girls will gobble this up and love every bite along the way.

Lets get started and make sure to customize it to your families likes and needs of course. My family is pretty easy to please spice wise and there are so many ways that you can customize this recipe to make it your own. I have added and removed things and this has been the lasting recipe. I hope you try it out and enjoy it as much as we do!

Easiest Chicken Tortilla Soup Ever

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Temp: Low in the crockpot

1- can Black Beans
1- can Whole kernel Corn
1- can Diced Tomatoes (I use the Italian style)
A dash of Italian Seasoning
2- tablespoons of Garlic Salt (more or less according to your liking)
2- chicken boullion cubes
1- large boneless skinless chicken breast
2- cups of water

(note: you can replace the 2 cups of water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes for 2 cups of chicken stock)

Garnish options:
Cheese
Sour Cream
Green Onions
Tortilla Chips

Add all ingredients into the crockpot, set it and forget it! I usually will shred up the chicken half way through the day but it gets easier to shred the longer it stays in the pot. So it is totally up to you. If you are there to stir it once or twice a day, I would!

Once the timer is up, add some cheese on top, a dollop of sour cream and break up some tortilla chips into your bowl. Yum! I want to go make another batch of this delicious soup now. I hope you try this out and please let me know if you do make it and have any new ideas that would make this that much more delicious.









Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

25 comments:

  1. This does look tasty! I love the ingredients and my family would enjoy something different like this soup!
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for a new a different recipe and your Easiest Chicken Tortilla Soup sure does fit the bill. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken Tortilla Soup happens to be my favorite soup to eat. I love this recipe because it contains just the right amount of ingredients and the title of the review stated, it looks really easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I love chicken tortilla soup. I will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh this sounds so good! I love tortilla soup! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicken tortilla soup is my all time favorite! I love soup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Thanks for sharing with Waiting on...Wednesday @ While I'm Waiting! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds sooooo good! Thanks for sharing on Found & Foraged!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds easy and delicious! I love a good crock-pot recipe! Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh do I know about picky eaters *smacks forehead* Thanks you so much for sharing on the (mis)Adventures Mondays Blog Hop. I look forward to seeing what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amber...your soup looks delish. Visiting from Strangers and Pilgrims On Earth link up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! Your article has been *featured and highlighted* this week! We would love for you to link up once again this week :) Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so happy to see so many people like this recipe, its my all time favorite!

      Delete
    2. Try fresh garlic salt in this recipe next time. I use Hippy Pilgrim but its only avail online. Only ten bucks though but blows the lid off the dried stuff.

      Delete
    3. You can get Hippy Pilgrim Fresh Raw Organic Garlic Salt at www.hippypilgrim.com. Available in seven varieties and kicks ass! Was featured on the Queen Latifah Show in 2013.

      Delete
  14. I love slow cooker and crock pot recipes, so easy and tasty! This one sounds divine - pinning!! Thanks for linking up at Mum-bo Monday, hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crock pot recipes are my favorite - I'm not a fan of hanging out in the kitchen unless it's to chat or bake! :) Thanks for linking up with us this week at the Thank Goodness It's Thursday party, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so incredible! Loving it! Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love Tortilla Soup and your recipe looks wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a very special weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the simplicity of this recipe. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never tried a tortilla soup before....sure does look tasty and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this type of soup! I have a similar recipe, but will give yours a try. Pinning. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have you ever worked with fresh garlic salt in your recipes? I buy this fresh organic stuff online that I saw on the Queen Latifah show a few years ago. Its MOIST garlic salt thats handmade. I get it online for only ten bucks and it made this soup taste soooo good. Its called Hippy Pilgrim...lol... www.hippypilgrim.com and made by hand by a single mom in Massachusetts. I am addicted to this stuff now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I am the owner of Hippy Pilgrim and appreciate your kind words!!

      Delete