Saturday, April 1, 2017

Unboxing: Anime Bento Box


When I went to my mailbox on the March 1st, I was pleased to find the February Anime Bento Box. If you've not read my previous reviews of them, Anime Bento Box is a monthly subscription of anime/manga goodies and Japanese treats, and every box includes a tee shirt!


It seems that I end up getting the box either at the end of the month, or in the beginning of the next (like this month when I received the February box on March 1st), which doesn't particularly bother me, but could be frustrating especially around holidays.

This month's Anime Bento included a Free! keychain, an Anime Bento sticker, a box of chocolates, a white tee with an anime sunset print, and the first book in a series called The Ancient Magus' Bride.

While I'm not familiar with the anime Free!, I did look it up upon receiving the keychain (which now lives on my keyring). It seems to be about a group of boys who start a swim club in their high school.  Though I might not be watching it any time soon (I prefer more of a high fantasy and sci fi anime), I do enjoy the keychain, and the kids appreciate having a new thing to fiddle with in the store.


The sticker is just what you would think, a sticker. It's a large sticker with the Anime Bento name and the three maids that grace their website. Again, being a grown woman, I have no real use for stickers, but I know that if I were still in high school, I would have instantly slapped it on a binder or folder, or even my bedroom door.


Each month also includes a tasty Japanese treat to nibble on, and this month's was a box of Meltyblend Premium Cocoa Chocolate. Each meltaway dark chocolate cube was individually wrapped in the box, which kept me from eating them all at once! I love dark chocolate, and these cocoa dusted niblets made for a wonderful treat at the end of the day.


The white tee shirt is, as usual, a unisex size large, and features a silhouetted couple during a sunset. As almost anybody with two young children can tell you, wearing white around them is just inviting unforgiving stains, so I haven't had the opportunity to wear it. But because it is such a pretty print, I am going to do something with it, possibly transform it into a throw pillow for my own bed!


Being a devourer of books, I was really pleasantly surprised to find a book in this month's box. The Ancient Magus' Bride vol 1 is not, as I first guessed, a manga (so I felt a little dumb for trying to read it from the opposite end like one at first), but an actual novel. It was a quick read for me, but I enjoyed reading the beginning of the tale of Chise, a fifteen year old orphan who can see otherworldly beings, and Elias, a sorcerer with the face of a dog's skull.

Once again, Anime Bento has delivered a bounty that has led me to new stories that I now enjoy. If you, too, want to experience the Anime Bento Box every month, and be exposed to new and interesting stories and treats, you can sign up on the AnimeBento website starting at $35.00/month.


http://www.animebento.com/
https://www.facebook.com/animebentous





2 comments:

  1. Fun package! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed my daughter this post and she told me she wanted this box for her graduation. She is a huge anime fan!


    #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete