Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Review: HannahMax Baking Cookie Chips


I have always been extremely picky when it comes to sweet treats and edibles. I don't like soft cookies, so when I bought them from a store, I would leave them out, just long enough to harden them.

Something about a soft and chewy cookie has absolutely never appealed to me, even when I was a child. I was never picky with other foods growing up, so even my parents found it a tad bit odd that I was picky with sweets.

So naturally, you can believe that I was absolutely thrilled to see that I was going to review a product named "Cookie Chips." The title alone drew me in and I was excited to receive my package.

I was informed that HannahMax.com would be sending me their Cookie Chips Multipack for review. I assumed I would be receiving small, single person, snack sized cookie chip bags to sample, and boy was I wrong. I was absolutely delighted when I opened my package to find I had been sent the actual Cookie Chips Multipack with six-6 oz. bags of cookies chips, in every flavor.


The Multipack includes a variety of the most popular cookie chips the company currently offers: Original Cookie Chip, Chocolate Chip, Dark Chocolate Chip, Sea-salted Peanut Butter, cinnamon sugar, and oatmeal raisin.

I want to break down and talk about/review each cookie, simply because after trying all of them, these cookies are worth going into some detail about!

Let me start by saying, I was impressed with the packaging right off the bat. The cookies are held in a air tight sealed bag, with an awesomely strong zip lock, that quite obviously helps keep the cookies extra fresh. This seems important especially because these cookies are also all-natural, with no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, trans fats or GMOs, as are every single item sold out of the HannahMax bakery.

For the health conscious cookie lover, fear not! 1 serving of Cookie Chips is around 120 calories and 50 grams of fat, much less than the average cookie serving.

Ok, getting back to the REALLY good stuff...

My method in trying these cookies was to go for what I assumed would be my favorite, then work my way down through all of the flavors. I am a huge cinnamon fan, so naturally my first choice was the Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Chips.

I opened the bag and the light aroma  of cinnamon filled my nose. As I reached in the bag and pulled out one cookie chip, I was delightfully surprised that the entire chips was thoroughly covered in a sugary-cinnamon mixture, so much so, that when I put the cookie in my mouth, I still had residue of the delicious treat on my fingers.

A little bit messy, but let me tell you; it's totally worth it! I bit into the cookie and it was phenomenal. It was light, crispy, and still amazingly somehow it melted in my mouth. The taste was great, texture perfect, and amount of sugar was truly right on point.

I then began to wonder if it was even possible for me to like the other flavors, as much as I liked the Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Chips.

I decided to go with the Sea Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Chips next. I'm not a huge fan of peanut better, but I feel when the right amount is used in a recipe, the outcome can be awesome.

I opened the bag and the smell of peanut butter filled the air. I knew without a doubt I would want milk with the peanut butter cookies so I poured myself a small glass. When I dipped my cookie in the glass, it didn't break or crumble at all, but still actually soaked up a great amount of milk within the crispy cookie.

When I took a bit it was kind of like a flavor explosion of peanut butter, light hints of sea salt, and the milk pieced all of the flavors within the cookie chip together.

At this point my 2.5 year old daughter had woken from her nap, and wanted to know what mommy was snacking on. I gave her one of the sea salted peanut butter cookies chips and as she took a bite her eyes lit up. Without me saying anything she said, "These peanut buttaa chips?! I love chips! I love peanut butter!"

Kids say the funniest things but they also speak the truth, and the truth is that anyone, any age can love these treats.

After trying all of the flavors with my daughter, she decided that the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Chips were her favorite.

Although the cookies were crispy, the raisins were still soft and very much so fresh. The same goes for the Chocolate Chips in both the Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip, and Chocolate Chip cookies. The cookies crunch in your mouth and then the chocolate chips just melt.

It's somewhat a religious experience if you ask me. (Kidding. A Little.)

After trying every other flavor, I opened the bag of Original cookie chips and immediately smelled the aroma of fresh sugar cookies. These particular chips were very light in flavor and also seemed great for a quick snack, at really any time.

I first tried the cookie with no milk and I liked it. I then tried it dipped in milk, and of course liked it more. I decided to test the crispness of the cookie by dropping it in the milk for about 30 seconds. The cookie came out still as a whole, still crispy and soaked in milk.

At this point I was truly sold on the HannahMax Cookie Chip products. What could I say bad about these crispy gems? What could I say should be different? Nothing! I can't say a single thing negative about this product; shipping was fast, packaging was professional, safe, and well kept, and overall the cookie chips were fabulous.


Nothing but the best for Santa Claus!

I didn't think these cookies could get any better, until I went to the HannahMax website and saw that they have an entire section of their website just for Cookie Chip recipes!  There is a beautiful apple crumble pie recipe, where you use the original cookie chips as the crust and I plan on making it very soon.

Cookie Chips can be purchased at many local stores, as well as on the HannahMax website for $17.96 for a four pack of single flavors or $19.96 for four packs of their gluten-free varieties. Six pack Multi Packs are available for $26.94 or $29.94 for the gluten-free versions, plus shipping.

Right now, HannahMax is still offering Limited Edition Holiday Cookie Chips in two bold flavors, Harvest Pumpkin with Roasted Papitas & Gingered Gingerbread, both of which I will more than likely be ordering. Cookie Chips are now a family favorite in my household and I look forward to trying more products from the HannahMax bakery website.







5 comments:

  1. The Sea Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Chips seems like what I would really want to try first. All these mixes look delicious! I love the photo of your cute daughter!
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had similar cookies that were textured like chips and I like eating it that way, however, I like eating cookies in all different kinds of textures. #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review! The image on the post alone got my interest! What a cutie and kids are the barometer of truth. These must be pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo...These look great! All of the flavors look amazing too :) And of course, it's a plus that they're less calories ;) Thanks for sharing! #SmallVictories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. Great post! I got to try the dark chocolate cookie chips recently and they are delicious! The packaging is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete