Monday, December 31, 2018

WIPocalypse - a Stitchy Year End Review


I was terrible this year about regularly showing off my stitchery - but I thought I'd participate in the last WIPocalypse of the year and recommit to (trying) to participate in the monthly updates in 2019.

For this last day of the year, I want to share what I actually got finished in 2019.  Apart from these, there are over 20 WIPs (works-in-progress) currently underway and at least a dozen from before 2018 that are finished but still need to be framed or turned into ornaments/pillows/etc.  I want 2019 to be the year when I get all that done!

So here's what I got finished in 2018:


I wish I could recall who did this little blackwork bird - I think it may have been from one of the British magazines?  This was a nice fast stitch up that started off my year back in January.


Rotted But Not Forgotted
Plum Creek Designs.  
This was in a Halloween issue of Just Cross Stitch.



These were a pair of Music Man inspired quickies I designed and stitched. You can read a post about these here.



The WitchyStitcher



Hot Cocoa
Sullivans
(This was from a hand out Sullivan's put out a few years ago. Sullivans threads replaced with DMC equivalents)



Snow!
Carolyn Manning
Just Cross Stitch Christmas Issue 2017



Not a Creature
Frosted Pumpkin
Just Cross Stitch Christmas Issue 2016



Rabbit Biscornu
Floss Box
I still need to stitch a square backstitch frame around these so I can stitch them together as a biscornu.



Salem Bay Mermaid



Guardians of the Sea



Poppy Biscornu
Nataliya Salunina



Daily Sampler, designed by me. I worked it with random scraps of threads from my stash over about a year and a half (one triangle a day).


Le Corbeau




Mother of Exiles
From a magazine (unknown which) - I added the text.



Steotchalong 6
I chose a Welcome to Night Vale theme!



Holiday Magick



Witch Fairies
Lucie Heaton
Just CrossStitch Halloween 2017

I'm annoyed at how many I no longer know the source of! That's one goal for 2019 - keep better records!



Before I end this, I want to show off my Christmas present from my husband this year - this is a Hearthside Craftworks Mark II frame, handcrafted from oak.  Isn't she beautiful??  Tomorrow I'll start off the new year with a new start on this frame.  I can't wait!

WIPocalypse is a long running casual monthly casual Stitch-a-Long hosted by Measi to show off monthly progress on WIPs.  They also have a Facebook page and you don't need a website to share your stitchery there.  The 2019 Kick off post will be January 9, with monthly check ins on the last Sunday of each month.

If you'd like to see what other folks are sharing, stop in here to see the link up!

Meanwhile, here is my TUSAL (Totally Useless Stitchalong) jar for 2018 - these are the leftover snips of thread for all the stitching I did in 2018:




15 comments:

  1. You have some lovely finishes in there :) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes. Can't wait to see what project you start on your new frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your link at the Creatively Crafty Link Party. Beautiful designs! Love your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your stitches, especially the Halloween ones! Dropping in from Tuesdays With A Twist Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh... I may have to get that As Above, So Below one! Fantastic stitching, and congrats on that lovely Mark II frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitches and projects. Do you do some of your work in your lap or is it all on the frame? - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my smaller projects are stitched in hand - I get very cramped hands trying to hold a hope or Q-snaps. The frame is a new thing and really opens a whole new world up. But I've been stitching in hand by rolling up a part of the fabric and holding onto that, that it comes instinctively at this point.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful article. It's very useful. As a English tuition service provider, Many people are looking for a way to make extra money in this day and age. I find a very good website for the english tuition singapore, You can visit this site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thank the writer for sharing this valuable information. As an athlete prepares to run or as a boxer prepares for a fight, this article is also useful for gamers. In this article, you can increase the click speed test. Visit here Check Clicks Per Second

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this article. Really helpful for me. Unlock the doors to global communication with Ziyyara Edutech’s comprehensive English language courses in Saudi Arabia.
    For more info visit Spoken English classes in Riyadh or Call +971505593798

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this article. Really helpful for me.
    Info Berita Terikini

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this article. Really helpful for me.
    Info Aktual Terkini

    ReplyDelete