Over the past year, our contibuting writer, Jennifer, has shared her reviews of several of NeoCell's health and beauty supplements. With each one, I have become more and more intrigued by these products and the research behind how they work. I was especially interested in trying the Joint and ligament health supplements, so I was very happy to have the opportunity to try their Tropical Tang Joint Bursts, tasty pineapple chews that are delicious enough to feel like a treat - and chock full of Collagen-2, Hyaluronic Acid, and Turmeric.
I can't stress that last part strongly enough - if you're not already old enough to be worried about it, you should be doing everything you can now to keep your joints limber and your bones strong, because bone thinning and wear and tear are eventually going to be a factor in your overall wellness. Almost all women experience significant bone thinning by the time they reach menopause. Start strong to stay strong!
If you are, like me, at the point where it already is a present issue, then it is even more important to keep everything operating as well as can be - hydrated joints, like a well oiled hinge, don't grind so much when they're used, and keeping your ligaments fit and elastic reduces the risk of a joint slipping out of socket.
I *wish* I didn't have the first hand experience to tell you just how painful and dangerous that is. Heh.
So - if you're convinced that you ought to be doing something to keep your joint health optimal (and I hope you are), the next question is how?
That's not a one-answer question. Regular movement that isn't high impact (which leads to a lot of wear and tear on the knees, hips and other joints), keeping your weight in check (to decrease stress on the joint), and a good dietary lifestyle that includes collagen and calcium rich foods, such as bone broth, all work together to help keep you limber through your aging years.
Why is this the one I'd recommend to everyone?
- each of the 3 active ingredients are well researched and known to be beneficial to joint health.
- they are soy, wheat, lactose and gluten-free, with no artificial colors or flavors, and so not likely to introduce any adverse reactions to these inflammation triggers.
- 'burst' is the right descriptor for the flavor. It is a bright burst of pineapple flavor that is so good, I look forward to getting to have one every day. The bright orange color comes from the turmeric and not a chemical lab. (It also startled me after I ate one to discover and oddly orange tongue! After being concerned for a second I was getting sick, I remember what I was eating. So... pro-tip: drink some water and maybe brush your tongue after enjoying one of these.)
- it is in a fun chewy format, about the same size and mouth feel as a soft candy chew, but not so gummy it gets stuck in your teeth the way a caramel would. I have an ungodly handful of medications to take every day - it is a true pleasure to be able to take this supplement in an enjoyable non-tablet form.
- I really believe it works to keep joints hydrated and less likely to get 'stuck' or grind painfully when being used. Over time, this leads to less damaging wear and tear on the joints. The turmeric adds an anti-inflammatory component to the supplement that I find essential to daily maintenance.
More on that last - unlike some products, it's a little difficult to demonstrate that something like this is working in any visually explainable way, and also, I think the biggest benefit comes from continued use over a long period of time (like, as long as you have joints). So it's difficult to show you how well it is working for me.
That's a lot of bending, lifting, dragging, reaching up, pushing, and on and on.
I'm not going to say it's been pain free - I am a 55 year old woman with rheumatoid arthritis, and it's been some hard, tiring work and would be for anyone!
But I know what the clanking of osteo-arthritic joints that are lacking the right levels of hydration feels like when you stress them like that - and overall, I have had a much, much easier time of it than I would normally expect. So much so that my husband has told me with concern I should slow down and take it easier, because he knows how badly this level of activity would normally hurt me and put me out of commission for days.
Is it all Neocell Joint Bursts? I don't know - like I said, I take a lot of various medications, and arthritis can be maddeningly inconsistent.
But what I do know is that it was no burden at all to add NeoCell Joint Bursts to my regimen, and I felt better in terms of OA type pain than I have in a long time, with no episodes of joints grinding painfully or locking or falling out of joint, while doing an awful lot of unusual motion.
I also know from looking at the research that what's in it does work to keep joints more limber and reduce stiffness and swelling.
For all these reasons, I give a solid YES recommendation to Joint Bursts, especially if you are a woman (most especially over the age of 30) as a part of your plan to maintain your joint health. Good limber joints are a great way to maintain your youth, and just as you care now for the skin you'll live with later, Joint Bursts can help your joints not only for today but for later as well.
NeoCell Joint Bursts are available at several local stores as well as online at Amazon, currently priced at $19.18 for a one month supply.
Once again, NeoCell is offering a giveaway - this time a month's supply of Tropic Tang Joint Bursts to one of our US readers to try for themselves! Don't miss this one - read on to see how you can enter.
To enter the giveaway, you must leave a comment in this entry as instructed by the Giveaway Tools Entry Form below. This will open up additional optional entries to increase your odds of winning.
This giveaway is open to US RESIDENTS ONLY and will end just before midnight ET on 8/19.
The winners will be notified by email within 24 hours after the end of the giveaway. In order to claim the giveaway prize, the winner will need to respond within 24 hours of notification, or an alternate winner will be selected.
Once the winners have responded and confirmed, their first names will be posted on our Giveaways page.