Monday, November 23, 2015

Caramel-Chocolate Chip Cookies: A delicious treat for the holidays!

I am not a cookie baker and every time I try to follow a cookie recipe it usually ends in a disaster because...well....I am the cupcake lady and guess that's what I'll always will be.

However, about a year ago I wrote this recipe because I was craving something caramely and chocolaty but for once I didn't want to turn my cravings into a cupcake.

Especially now, with the holidays coming up, I thought it would be a nice and easy treat to share with all of you. They are smaller in size because I just really like petite things, plus they are the perfect serving size for the little people running my household (last thing we need is a kindergartner and a toddler on a sugar rush!).

Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Makes: 2 dozen

Here's what you need:
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt (I personally prefer sea salt but every salt will do)
1 ½ cup flour (all-purpose)
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup caramel chips
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)

You will also need:
mixer, mixing bowl, cookie sheet, parchment paper, ½ tablespoon scoop.

Let's get this going!

Step one:
Preheat your oven to 350F and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Step two:
Combine your wet ingredients and sugars (butter, egg, vanilla extract, sugar and brown sugar) and cream it together until well combined.

Add baking soda and salt, then add the flour in three intervals.

At last add the chocolate and caramel chips, but reserve one tablespoon of each.

Step three:
Get messy!
Kneed the dough by hand to make sure it's all really good combined.

Then take the ½tablespoon and scoop little balls.

Step four:
Place the little dough balls on the cookie sheet, approximately 2inch apart and using your fingers or the back of a spoon flatten them a little bit.

Add some of the leftover chocolate and caramel morsels (make sure you slightly push them into the flat dough balls).

Step five:
Time for baking!

If your oven is properly preheated then put them in for 8min to have a, slightly crisp on the outside but unbelievably gooey on the inside, perfect cookie.

Step six:
Let them cool on a cooling rack or enjoy them warm and fresh out of the oven!

Happy baking everyone & I'd love to hear some feedback about your experience with this recipe!


  1. Sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

  2. Pinning! Caramel and chocolate = make me some now! lol, can't wait to try your recipe! Thank you for sharing with us at Brag About It!

  3. Hi Patricia, these cookies sound rather moreish. I do enjoy a crunchy, but slightly gooey on the inside cookie. I'm not sure if I can get caramel chips here, if not I will try making them with all chocolate chips. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

  4. I love a bit of caramel and chocolate together. These would be perfect for the little ones or for a pick me up for mom in the afternoon with a spot of coffee. A little treat and something to recharge us for the rest of the day!

  5. This sounds so good!! With holiday cooking ahead of me, I just may have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Found you over at the Chicken Chicks link-up.

  6. I love caramel and chocolate chips together - your cookies sound amazing! They look so delicious too. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

  7. What a great recipe and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Full Plate Thursday! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and come back to see us real soon.
    Miz Helen

  8. Caramel and Chocolate is such a great combination. Your cookies look delicious. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday. Pinned and Tweeted.

  9. Wow!! What a great flavor combination - I love caramel and chocolate! Thanks for sharing on the "What's for Dinner" linky party!

  10. I love caramel, so of course these would be a hit with me! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.

  11. What a treat!!! I'd love to try this version!

  12. Thank you all for the amazing feedback, shares and pins!