Thursday, December 14, 2017

Peppermint White Chocolate Fudge #improvcookingchallenge


One of my favorite family traditions for Christmas comes from my time as a child, when my Grandma taught me to make fudge! We would spend a full day making all different flavors and make up big trays to hand out to all of our family members.

It was something that everyone looked forward to each year. Grandma's peanut butter and chocolate fudge became a staple in the kitchen for about a month (unless you had a crazy sweet tooth and ate it all fast).

It can be such a tedious process to make a good fudge. It is so much easier if you have a partner to help you with the stirring (which I will get to later).

This is something that I plan to pass down to my kids when they are old enough. Right now they are only 7 and 4, and I am not comfortable with them working on the stove for this process. I cannot wait until I can teach them what my Grandma taught me.

So, this month, we are again collaborating with the Improv Cooking Challenge, and this month the two ingredients are Peppermint and Chocolate! Perfect for the month of December!!

I decided to stick with my traditions, but give it a little twist by doing Peppermint White Chocolate fudge, yum! I mean you really cannot think of Christmas without thinking of Candy Canes, right?

(Honestly, I personally do not like candy canes, but boy do my kids!!)

This recipe is pretty easy, ingredient wise, but does take some muscles when it comes to stirring the ingredients together.

Peppermint White Chocolate Fudge
Makes approx 50 pieces

Ingredients:
1 Can Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme
3 cups of white sugar
3/4 cup of melted butter
1 small can of evaporated milk (2/3 cups)
1 package of Hershey Candy Cane Kisses (unwrapped)
1 tsp vanilla
2 aluminum trays

So to start, you want to make sure that you are using a large saucepan (like the ones you use to make a huge pot of noodles). Mine got damaged, so I ended up using my Wok!

You want to make sure that all of your ingredients are ready to use before you start. Take the lid off the marshmallow, have the chocolate ready, vanilla measured out.

The process once you remove from the heat is something that needs to be done right then, no time for breaks.

Combine the sugar, butter and evaporated milk into  the pan, and bring to a boil. You need to constantly stir the mixture to make sure it doesn't burn.

When it comes to a full, roiling boil, set a timer for 5 minutes and vigorously stir while it continues to boil, continuing to stir.

Once the timer ends, remove from the heat.

Immediately stir in the marshmallow creme, and stir until it is completely melted in.

You then want to add in the chocolate kisses, and then the vanilla. continuing to stir stir stir.

(This is about the time that I hand it over to my husband to help me stir. My arm gets tired so he gets his man power into it and makes sure it is completely mixed.)

Once you have it all completely combined, you want to immediately pour this mix into two 9"x9" aluminum trays and get them into the fridge.

Let it set up in the fridge for about 3 hours. If you take it out sooner then it won't set correctly, which means that it will be crumbly and/or will turn too soft. You want to be able to cut it up with a butter knife.

To give as gifts, you can make up some platters with your favorite holiday cookies and fudge and hand them out to your family and friends, or pass out little treat boxes of the fudge to those who stop by. They are bound to fall in love with this yummy treat, as I am sure you will too.

Happy Holidays everyone!!



Don't forget to check out what the other Improv Cooking Challenge folks are doing:

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! This looks so yummy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious peppermint and white chocolate fudge, I will just have a small piece for now and hope I can stop at that. I don't have a good track record though :)
    All the best and happy Christmas.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my only complaint about making fudge-- all the stirring. My oldest son and I once made fudge for his geography fair and he asked me how long we were going to have to stir for and I think I told him "until it feels like our arms are going to fall off." It sure was yummy though and this looks so delicious and festive! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I am going to have to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy. Prefect for Christmas! Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - would love to have you add these to the cookie exchange as well! http://www.lazygastronome.com/annual-cookie-exchange-part-iii/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fudge. This is a perfect holiday gift or dessert. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy! I make a white fudge, but it doesn't have any peppermint in it. Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously just drooled in anticipation! This is major fudge heaven! Thanks so much for sharing and joining my link up.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at peppermint! I love fudge, so this combination really appeals to me. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eine Hausarbeit zu schreiben, ist für viele Studenten eine entmutigende Aufgabe. Es ist wichtig zu verstehen, dass der Erfolg Ihrer Arbeit davon abhängt, wie gut Sie sich an die Anweisungen Ihres Professors halten https://akademily.de/hausarbeit/. Hier kommt das Akademie-Coaching ins Spiel, das Ihnen bei der Hausarbeit helfen und sicherstellen kann, dass Sie alle Richtlinien richtig befolgen.
    Das Akademie-Coaching begleitet und begleitet den gesamten Prozess des Verfassens einer Hausarbeit. Sie helfen Ihnen, eine Gliederung zu entwickeln, Themen auszuwählen, zu recherchieren und effektiv zu schreiben. Sie geben auch Feedback zu Ihrer Arbeit, damit Sie notwendige Änderungen vornehmen können, bevor Sie sie zur Bewertung einreichen. Mit ihrer Hilfe stellen Sie sicher, dass Ihre Hausarbeit alle Anforderungen Ihres Professors erfüllt und sich von anderen Abgaben abhebt.

    ReplyDelete