Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Unboxing: Anime Bento Subscription Box


These past few months I have been lucky enough to be able to try out AnimeBento, a monthly subscription box for fans of anime and Japan. Each box comes with a tee shirt, a few little collectibles, and a fun Japanese snack. This last box was no different.



This month's collectibles were stickers, a rubber bracelet, and a figurine.

I was very happy to add the little buildable figure to my growing collection. Though I'm not familiar with the anime (but friends have said I should watch!), this blue haired cutie makes an adorable addition to our Japanese figures!

The rubber bracelet from Blue Exorcist is a fun accessory, but I don't often get to wear it as my daughter tends to think that every bracelet is hers.

Stickers, to me as an adult quickly approaching thirty, are kind of a novelty that I don't really have a use for, but I still see the appeal.

The tee shirt this month was an exclusive Food Wars design. This royal blue tee, like the others, is in unisex sizing and made of cotton.

To be honest, I've not worn it more than a couple times, and I'll probably turn it into a reusable shopping bag, because I'd like to get good use out of it.

For a snack, this box had a bubbly candy. Apparently, there were two flavor options, grape or soda, and mine was grape.

I was a little apprehensive about it because I really dislike artificial grape flavoring, and I was certain that I was going to try one and give the rest of the package to the Mr or to a friend.

Happily, I was mistaken.

These were a very tasty subtle grape candy that had a fizzy feeling in the mouth. Think a gentle poprock. I did not share these because I wanted them all to myself!

Once again, I was pleased with the Anime Bento of the month.

My only (slight) frustration is that I don't seem to get the box in the month they are supposed to be for. I got the September box early October, the October box early November, and the November box in early December. This isn't that big of a deal, but by receiving them just a tad late, I do end up missing out on holiday specials (like for the October Halloween theme) in a timely fashion.

If you are interested in getting AnimeBento for yourself or someone you know, you can get them here with plans starting at $35.00 a month.

To redeem a 10% discount enter RCH10 at checkout on animebento.com!



http://www.animebento.com/
https://www.facebook.com/animebentous/





4 comments:

  1. Always fun to get a surprise of something you love in the mail. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest daughter is into anime and would love this box!!!


    #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool hobby! Happy Wednesday, from OhMyHeartsieGirl linkup! Megs

    ReplyDelete