Monday, January 23, 2017
Instant Pot Spaghetti
The very first meal we tried in our Instant Pot was spaghetti. Sure, it's already a pretty simple task, but being able to dump everything into one pot, save on dishes and save on time, that was certainly alluring for us!
Sadly, our first attempt was a slight fail. Still edible, but the noodles were a bit overcooked and it was waterier than I prefer my pasta sauce. We made a few mental notes, and the second time it came out much better!
(Some of the process pictures are from the first attempt, so don't mind the change in color as I had originally used a vodka sauce.)
1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
desired about of pasta – we used a full 12oz package
1-2 24oz jars of pasta sauce
½ jar water
1. Brown thawed meat in your Instant Pot on SAUTE setting. Once browned, drain meat of excess grease.
2. Break pasta in half to lay flat on the browned meat.
3. Pour ONE jar of sauce overtop of pasta.
4. Fill the sauce jar half way with water and add to the Instant Pot.
5. Place lid one pot, and ensure knob is on SEALING.
6. Set IP to Manual (high) for 9 minutes.
7. When finished, allow 10 minutes NPR (Natural Pressure Release) before VENTING.
8. Once vented, open - be careful to open the lid away from your face to avoid scalding, and stir.
9. If desired, add second jar of sauce and let heat up on WARM before serving with Parmesan.
Feel free to add any desired extras - brown mushrooms and onions with the ground beef, or add black olives and minced garlic before adding the pasta and sauce.
Add a salad and some garlic toast, and you've got a great meal on the table in no time flat!