Thursday, June 30, 2016

Review: PetGiftbox May Subscription Box


For those who have followed us for a while, you are familiar with the PetGiftbox subscription box and how much Gregor and I love them. Each month, a box full of goodies that coincide with the month's theme for your pet is delivered to your mailbox.

May's box came as a surprise gift to our mailbox, and what a happy surprise it was! Gregor instantly recognized the box as his and was even more excited than I was to open it. The box's theme was military for Memorial Day. Inside the box was a cute little camo bandanna, a black and pink tug rope toy, a camo dog shaped toy, an eagle toy, and a bag of Troop Treats dog treats.



The Troop Treats are dog treats that are made in the USA, and smell vaguely minty, to keep your dog's breath fresh. These green man-shaped treats are eaten by the Muttface, but really aren't his favorite things. Gregor is somewhat picky about what he decides to eat sometimes (seriously, he ate all of his dog food once, and refused to eat the pb&j sandwich), so I'm not really surprised that he was a little finicky about them.

While I would love to say that the stuffed eagle and dog toys were Gregor's new favorites, I cannot. The football from January's box is still dearest to him.  Certainly, he plays with them, but only when my daughter allows him to!

Both toys are stuffed with polyfill and have squeakers in the main body. The eagle is more firmly stuffed and has stitching on its camouflaged body that suggests that it would hold up better to a heavier chewer, but my dog is not one of those.

The dog with its exaggerated limbs and neck of crinkly digital camo fabric is a great little tossing and tugging toy, if your pup is into that kind of thing.

The toy that gets the most use is actually the tug rope, which was not anticipated. Gregor will actually lay down and chew on it, unlike most toys of his. I was honestly expecting the black, gray, and pink rope to be left to gather dust. As usual, when I try to guess what my dog will like, I was mistaken.

That's the cool thing about subscription boxes - it lets Gregor discover toys and treats I might never buy, thinking he wouldn't be interested.

The last item was a cute little green camouflaged bandanna for him to wear. He doesn't care about whether he has it on or not, but I think it's an adorable summer accessory! It's not a full square bandanna, just a triangular bit of fabric, but it's the perfect size for Gregor.

The May PetGiftbox did not disappoint me at all, and I love being able to surprise my sweet doggie with treats and toys!



If you also want to get your pup a gift in the mail, you can order your own subscription starting at $18.99/month (if you select their 12 month subscription) or $28.99/month if you should choose to only do month to month.



https://petgiftbox.com/
https://www.facebook.com/PetGiftBox




8 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome subscription box for pets...
    #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my dog would love these - themes are a nice touch! #productreview

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize there were so many subscription boxes out there! So fun for pet owners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have fish for pets, I wish there were subscription boxes for them. #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a brilliant idea. Need to check if they'll send little gift boxes to South Africa, our fur babies would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! We just got two kittens so I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to spoil your child with the fur and the tail! And it sounds like it's lot of fun for you too. We don't have a pet right now, our baby/dog/Boxer died 2 years ago and we haven't had the heart to find a new one yet, but I'm sure it's in the near future. We will definitely look into this when we do! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete