Thursday, December 31, 2015

Is 2016 Your Year?

We all know January is the time for a New Year, A New You, and New Years Resolutions.

Do you remember what your resolutions were last year? Did you achieve them? If you didn’t achieve your 2015 revolutions or don’t even remember them, don’t worry - you’re not alone.

So how can you make 2016 different? Find something that is so inspiring to you, you are filled with the drive to make change happen. Every time you find yourself putting your goals on the back burner return to your inspiration to push through that wall.

So what inspires you? How do you find that thing which will help you become that person you’ve always dreamed of?

Over a year ago, we were in a transition time of leaving Hawaii and moving to California. One day I was driving the car around to get my 2 year old son to take a nap. I saw Jim Carrey's Commencement Address at the 2014 MUM (Maharishi University of Management) Graduation and was interested. I played it in the car as I drove, which was great because I had no other distractions and could fully listen. Within minutes I was completely absorbed in his words.

You can listen to the full speech here:

Here are a few of my favorite parts:

“Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much. You can spend your whole life imagining ghosts, worrying about your pathway to the future, but all there will ever be is what’s happening here, and the decisions we make in this moment, which are based in either love or fear.”

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.”

“Everything you gain in life will rot and fall apart, and all that will be left of you is what was in your heart.”

“Your job is not to figure out how it’s going to happen for you, but to open the door in your head and when the doors open in real life, just walk through it. Don’t worry if you miss your cue. There will always be another door opening. They keep opening.”

For me this speech always re inspires me on how to follow my passion. My 2016 goal is to focus on my small business; inspiring and helping others to live a active, healthy, and happy life.

This speech may not be what inspires you to change your lifestyle, set new years resolutions, or achieve your resolutions. But there is something out there that will. So start searching and live your life to the fullest.

What will you achieve in 2016?


  1. Great reminder to do what makes up happy and inspires us. Life is too short to spend doing something we dislike or living the mundane. Thanks so much for sharing at Fitness Friday on Drops of Learning, and I hope to see you back again next week!

  2. This is a great reminder to not allow fear to rule my life. While it will always be a part of my life, I need to choose to make it take a back seat, while I steer.

    1. Yes. I like this reminder. Fear. False, expectations, appearing, real.

  3. Great post! I'm going to come back and watch the video when I can, but I agree that it's important to remember to fill your heart with everything good! Thanks for sharing with SYC.

  4. This is a great post... a great reminder for the new year. I love your blog, too.

    By the way, I would love to have you post on my blog hop—the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home ( It begins on Thursday evenings and lasts through the weekend, if you're interested.


  5. I enjoyed your post and your inspiration .Thanks for sharing #overthemoon

  6. I love Jim Carey's speech and inspiration to follow what you love! Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup. Pinning to our linkup board and hope you found some great posts to visit this week!

  7. I am going to remember the line: Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much. It is very true and I have to work on not letting this happen this year.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

  8. I enjoyed reading this post, and found some inspiration from Jim Carey's words. I am looking forward to 2016 and believe it holds some bright things ahead for me, and I hope for you, too! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Terrific Tuesday Link Party. I hope to see you again this week!
    Christie ~ Sparkles of Sunshine

  9. Thanks for the great post and sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.