Thursday, October 8, 2015

Review: reCAP Mason Jars Flip and Flip Accessory Pack


Hello dear readers! I hope you are having a wonderful day. If you've been following us for some time then you may be familiar with a wonderful company called reCAP Mason Jars. Our very own Vanessa had the pleasure of reviewing their products a while back. You can read her review here. Well reCAP has been very busy developing new products and I was given the opportunity to test out one of their new items, The Flip Lid and Flip Accessory Pack.

Lets start off with what I received. Promptly after contacting them, my package arrived containing the new Flip Lid, Accessory pack and also their classic Pour lid for a wide mouth mason jar.



I was immediately impressed with the quality and aesthetic of the packaging. Everything was clearly and pleasantly labeled and you can plainly see the quality right away.

I was happy to see that their products are made in America; Erie, Pennsylvania to be exact. Once I removed the products from the packaging, the quality continued on. The lids are made of sturdy, BPA free plastic. The gaskets for sealing the jars are thick and look very clean.

The accessory pack contained three pieces: a small screen, large screen and counter ring. These pieces snap into the inside of the flip cap very easily and from what I could see, stay in place very well.


My only complaint would be that I receive a blue Flip Cap and silver accessories for it. Totally not a big deal, but I'm a little compulsive about matching things so it bugged me a tiny bit. Not enough to give them bad marks though. Also in my package were some adorable tags that could be used for gifting.

I immediately knew what I wanted to do with the Pour lid but hadn't settled on what to do with my flip lid yet, so I set it aside and grabbed the Pour. I dug through my jar collection and realized that I didn't have any wide mouth jars to fit the lid. No big deal, I wanted to buy some more any way.

I picked up a couple of stumpy, wide mouth jars and popped on my Pour lid. It fit very snuggly.

I had decided to use it to keep milk for my tea. I like just a scant splash of milk in my tea and its often hard to get the right amount when pouring from a gallon jug.

Keeping milk in my new jar made it much easier to pour the right amount.

I wanted to test its leak-proof-ability so I tightened the lid, snapped the top and shook the daylights out of it. No leaks.

After a few days, I took it apart to clean it. Easy peasy. They are top shelf dish washer safe and I cleaned the gasket by hand.

I finally decided to use my Flip Lid for sugar for my tea. I have the large screen in place but I've also gone back and forth between leaving the screens out so I can use a spoon to get the sugar.

I think this lid would also work great for Parmesan cheese or a custom spice blend shaker. There are many possibilities.

Again, the quality on this lid was the same as the other. Very sturdy, yet easy to open and close. I was confident that it would stay sealed without leaking and its also easy to clean. I haven't had a use for the counter ring that was included in the accessory pack. I'm actually not sure how it works exactly but I know its function is to keep track of the date you add something to the jar.

The retail price for the products I received is as follows:
Flip Lid: $7.00
Flip Accessory Pack: $4.00
Wide Mouth Pour Lid: $7.00

They offer a code for free shipping on orders over $35. Enter the code FREESHIP to take advantage of this. Otherwise, shipping for one item to where I am located in Central Texas was estimated at around $4.00 plus sales tax. It may be different for your location but prices are very reasonable by comparison.

A few other cool things about reCAP:
  • The regular width lids  fit on Classico Pasta sauce jars.
  • The reCAP company was started by a mom with a problem, and idea and a solution. A Kickstarter campaign got them on their way.
  • reCAP is a very environmentally conscious company. They are part of the 1% For the Planet charity, to which they donate 1% of their profits towards approved environmental and sustainability non-profit organizations.
I am very impressed with reCAP as a product and a company and I look forward to supporting them in the future. 


You can find out more about reCAP by visiting them on Facebook, Twitter or their Blog.






4 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE this company. I have 2 of their jar covers and they work terrific. I am obsessed with mason jars and use them all over. I love the one you reviewed

    ellen beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a really cool idea! I've seen the lids that turn your mason jar into a water bottle and thought those were neat but knew i wouldn't ever use them. THESE though i totlly would! I keep a lot of dried herbs and teas in my mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like ReCap passed the test ( aside from their color blindless ) I really like that these lids have so many uses and they are a tight fit with no leaks. I would definitely buy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome. I have so many jars I could use these with.

    ReplyDelete