Friday, May 22, 2015

5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Choosing a Personal Trainer


There are a lot of personal trainers out there. You do not need to settle with the first one you meet. Each personal trainer has a niche and specialty. Do your research, ask tons of questions, and listen to your gut when it comes to who feels right.

Here’s a list of questions to ask yourself before choosing a personal trainer:

- Why do you want a personal trainer?
- What are you wanting to achieve?
- Do you need someone that is modeling what you want to create?
- Are you looking for accountability?
- What support do you need from your personal trainer?

When you work with a personal trainer you are not only exposing your vulnerability to them, you are asking for help. It is okay if you decide someone it not the right fit for you. This is your journey, your life. 



When you choose the right personal trainer, you have chosen someone that will believe in you during times when you do not believe in yourself. Your trainer has belief and can visualize you reaching all your goals before you realize that you are.

This video by Diamond Dallas Page explains why I am a personal trainer:




There are some questionable trainers out there, just like in any field, so pick the personal trainer that gives you that gut feeling that they are the right fit for you.

 In good health, 
Vanessa







21 comments:

  1. That video always gets me so inspired to help everyone create a lifestyle they love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about getting a personal trainer, but you have given me great insight to the process. So many things I didn't think about. The video was an inspiration.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found the tips helpful Bev. If you are interested in a personal trainer I offer health (fitness and holisitic nutrition) coaching via phone, video conference and email. Mylifebalanced.com

      Delete
  3. Good info for an important decision. I have known some friends who ended up getting hurt due to a trainer who was not too good with them. Might as well make a good choice.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes unfortunately there's a lot of untrained personal trainers out there. My priority is always injur prevention.

      Delete
  4. Great questions to ask and tips! Thank you so much for sharing this at the #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. I hope you join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are good questions!! I had a personal trainer last summer, but I think the relationship failed a bit in the area of accountability. Hopefully I'll remember these questions next time I start!
    Lindi @ www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so important to find a good match Lindi.

      Delete
  7. Admittedly, I really don't like to work out. But...I have found a personal trainer that I love that gets me and I can say that I don't dread working out as much as I did before! :) Finding the right fit is so important. Thank you for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and thanks for sharing with #WednesdaysWisdom. My personal trainer is excellent, caring and get results. Your five points are good for someone looking for a PT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, so we can party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never thought of having a personal trainer. I am not real good at going to a gym. Love exercising outdoors, which is not easy to do in the winter. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very informative and interesting for me. Thank you for such a wonderful article and for sharing. We also provide service for Personal fitness trainer Fort Lauderdale for more info visit our website.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips! Finding the right personal trainer is key to reaching your fitness goals. These questions will definitely help make the best choice.

    ReplyDelete