Thursday, January 8, 2015

Review: Zipit Bedding

I am so embarrassed to admit this, but for months, my oldest daughter did not sleep on her bed because there was so much stuff on it, that honestly, she could not fit. 

Then we got the Zipit, a brilliant combination of a fitted flat sheet and comforter (kind of like a sleeping bag for your bed!).

Now, not only is her bed neater, buts she actually has been known to sleep in it.

The Zipit comforter connects to the fitted sheet via two zippers, one on either side of the bed. This makes it extremely easy to remove or to put on a mattress, as well as wash it.

With the Zipit, I made my daughter’s top bunk bed in seconds, all you have to do is put the fitted flat sheet on the bed and you are done. If you are a busy parent or have a child who wets the bed, this can be a Godsend.

Thanks to the zippers, the bed is easy (and fun) to make--even on bunk or trundle beds. The first night after she slept in the Zipit, I heard the tell-tale zip of her making her bed. It was music to my ears!

However, even if your child doesn’t make the bed, it takes only two seconds to go behind them and, er, zip it yourself.The zippers also provide structure to the comforter, so that even if the bed is not made, it looks pretty close.

The sheets are really soft and smooth and the comforter is warm and cozy. Even though it was December in the East Coast, my daughter did not feel the need for additional blankets or covers.

It is also reversible, so if you or your child gets tired of the design all you have to do is flip it over.

The website boasts two tiers of design for teens and children. The ones for the younger folks even glow in the dark!

The Zipit has two pockets for her to keep her treasures in. My daughter loved this feature! They were not big enough for a diary, but did have ample room for crayons or markers. I would suggest using washable markers, though.  
One time I forgot to check the pockets and her markers bled. Fortunately, this was easily solved by washing it again, but it could have been tragic.

The elastic in the bottom of the Zipit is very strong, so the sheets always stayed put. 

However, my daughter’s mattress came from Ikea so it is thinner than a regular mattress.

When my daughter slept on her side, you could see some pulling of the sheet up with her. This could be an issue on a deeper mattress.

All in all, the Zipit was a big hit in my house! 

I loved it because of how easy and convenient washing the sheets and making the bed became. My daughter loved the pockets and how comfortable the Zipit was.

Most importantly, we are both fans of the “Zipit effect,” a clean, easy to make bed, which is a winner for any busy family. 

Zipit Bedding sets can be purchased on their website. They come in Twin and Full Sizes and each set comes with a zippered comforter and fitted sheet, and one matching pillowcase.  Twin sets are $69.99 +S&H and Full sets are $79.99 + S&H.  Additionally, there are a few Queen sized sets available in their Teen and "Back2Campus" section.

Zipit Bedding Website
Zipit Bedding Facebook

Shared with:
It's A Party, Share Your Cup, Thursday Favorite Things
~ Brilliant Blog Posts, Foodie Friday, Freedom FridaysFridays Unfolded, That Friday Blog Hop
~ Dare to Share, No Rules Weekend, Saturday Spotlight.
~ DIY Inspired, DIY Showcase, Snickerdoodle Sunday, Sunday Brunch.
Masterpiece Monday,Mix It Up Monday, Mommy Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday.  
~ Handmade Tuesdays, Tuesdays With a Twist, Turn It Up Tuesdays, Treasure Box Tuesday, You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.
~ Moonlight & Mason Jars, Penny Pinching Party, Wake Up Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, What's It Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Work It Wednesday, Works For Me Wednesday, Your Whims Wednesday.     


  1. Neat idea -- wish it had been around when my kids were little! I remember seeing this product on Shark Tank.... good to see that it's doing well.

  2. Fab idea. Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts

  3. Oh my goodness, I think I need this like stat! My boys NEVER want to make their bed!! lol.

    Stopping by from the Saturday Spotlight! <3

  4. A teenagers dream! Thanks for sharing with SYC.

  5. Very neat! I might have to try that!

  6. this is so very neat; i will definitely look this up for a gift later.

  7. This Zipit Bedding is beautiful. I love that you just found something you wanted and found a way to make it instead of spending a lot of money. I also love the yellow and blue pillows you paired with it. You always inspire me to do more crafts.