Monday, July 6, 2015

Review: Gummy Words Art Prints


Having a four year old boy is an adventure in trains, cars, dirt, and bugs. At least, it seems that way some days. As such, I'm always on the lookout for cute things just for him, things he does not have to share with his little sister.

Enter Gummy Words. Gummy Words are personalized name prints in fun colors. The fun, unique font style based on the yummy gummy worms treats. 

Gummy Words were created by an award winning graphic designer and watercolorist, Dick Close. Each print is created on fine art paper and are personally signed by the artist. 

You can choose from two sizes, either a notecard size 5.5”x4.25” ($7.00) or a larger size of 18”x9”, with the option of having the larger size framed ($70.00) or not ($40.00). The prints tend to look nicest with names that are four to eight letters long.

When I received my framed print in the mail, I was excited to see how my son's name would look gummified, and I quickly unwrapped the framed 18”x9” print. 

As hoped, it was beautiful and whimsical, and I quickly hung it over his bed. Included with the frame was some hanging hardware, which was handy. 


The black wooden frame is perfect against the bright colors and clean white background, and it even matches some of the other hangings in the kids' room!

An unexpected bonus of having his name above his bed in a fun print is now Xavier is learning to recognize his own name! Yay for learning experiences!

I also received a notecard sized print (5.5”x4.25”) of my own name. Again, it was beautiful work with the artists signature. 

While I have not yet gotten a frame for it, I plan on doing so when once I have my own desk. Then, I'll have an adorable little reminder that it is my space for work, and to never take anything too seriously.  I really like that even the smaller sized print is on fine art paper, as it makes the print look really sharp . 

Gummy Words name prints are a whimsical way to brighten up a room, and as such, would make a wonderful gift for kids and adults alike.   








2 comments:

  1. That is very cute! I know my girls would love it. #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very interesting--I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete