Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Review: ShaveMOB

Reviewer: Daniel Snider

Let face it guys, No Shave November is coming to a close. It’s time to break out the beard trimmers and the razors and get back to our usual professional appearances. However, razors are so insanely expensive, at least if you want good ones! It can cost you upwards of $30-$40 for a month’s supply of the leading brands. That’s crazy, right? Well ShaveMOB has set the new standard.

For just $9.99 you can start your mountains of savings. That price will get you a handle and 4 of their 3-blade heads, kit they call The Baby Face. After the cost of the handle, that makes each razor head just $2 each! Now that is saving my friend! No one can deny that. Well, what if the 3-blade is a little too harsh for you? They also have a 4 and 6 blade kits. The 4-blade kit starts at $10.99 for a two-month supply. The 6-blade kit had two options within itself; trimmer, or no trimmer. You can get the 6-blade without trimmer starting at $11.99 and with trimmer for just a dollar more. Each of these options can be bought in 2, 6 or 12-month supplies.

I was recently given the opportunity to try out ShaveMOB’s products. I have to admit that I was skeptical. How could someone possibly provide a product with the quality I was used to in major brands, but for such a drastic price difference?

There was an initial mix up with my order. I was supposed to receive the 6-blade heads with trimmer. However, when it arrived, the package included the handle and the 4-blade packs. After a brief conversation with ShaveMob, they not only had my correct order here within a few days but let me keep the ones that were mistakenly sent. I was very impressed with the quick and friendly customer service provided to me.

The First thing I noticed was the packaging. It was quite clever and space saving. Why waste a giant box, for such a small product? I was impressed by that ingenuity.



Along with the handle and the replacement blade heads was a few business cards to help spread the word. I have to say that after trying this kit out I will certainly be singing their praise to everyone I know.

The blades and handle are both built to last. The lock and release mechanisms are both stiff enough to keep the head on the handle but still easy enough to eject the blade when you need a new one. The head bends at the handle to follow the contours of your face without stressing your wrist and helping to avoid those painful nicks and cuts.

My job, as a member of the Armed Forces, requires me to shave daily to maintain a clean-cut and professional appearance at all times. Unfortunately, the 4-blade feels a little rough for me, as I tend to get razor burn very easily, even with the top razor brands. Even being a little on the rough side, this kit still provided an excellent shave and comfort level as compared to many others.

The 6-blade configuration, however, has far exceeded my expectations. It performs just as well as the expensive razors, but is actually affordable! I must add that I didn’t like the feel of the trimmer blade but that may just have been my overly sensitive skin. The only improvement that I would suggest would be to add a handle with a vibrator motor in it.

On top of the products that are offered to men, ShaveMOB offers a women’s line of razors as well. The prices are exactly the same as the men’s kits!

 And to show their appreciation to the men and women of the Armed Forces, ShaveMOB launched a military discount program, this past Veteran’s Day. Anyone with a (.mil) email address is eligible for the 10% discount. Not only are these razors built with quality, but also are priced so you won’t break the bank keeping your face or legs smooth and touchable.

ShaveMOB's Website
ShaveMOB on Facebook


***

This post was originally posted at WAHM Review and is being cross posted here by the original author.  I received no monetary compensation for this review, however I was provided with the product for free for purposes of review.  All opinions are my own. Click here see our full disclosure policy.

1 comment:

  1. ShaveMOB has been such a lifesaver in our house. We have already saved a ton of money, and haven't found our self out of razors because of the timely delivers. AMAZING COMPANY!

    ReplyDelete