Thursday, October 31, 2013

Review: Younique, by Lynne Cooper

Reviewer: Jackie Snider

Although I had volunteered to write a review for Lynne Cooper at Younique, once the products came in, I kept subconsciously putting it off longer and longer. Younique is a line of high quality beauty products. In theory, I was very exciting, but once it came time for execution, I felt completely lost and remembered I know very little about makeup. I can at least admit that stepping out of my normal routine of beauty products had me very nervous.



Lynne sent me a few different products. Most of the things she sent came in the form of samples. I had a small container of Moodstruck Glorious Face and Eye Primer, a few packets of Moodstruck Mineral Blusher Powders, Moodstruck Minerals Concealer Powders, and Moodstruck Minerals Matte/Pigment Powder. In addition to the samples she also sent me the full size product of Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes system. 

Primer is something I have never used so I had to look up how to use it and what it is for. Based on the description on Younique’s website “Primer creates a flawless canvas as it enhances the skin's texture and primes and prepares the skin for premium application of mineral makeup.”  

The rest I was more familiar with, but it still wasn’t stuff I use often. Blusher Powder is for your cheeks, Concealer Powder is used for evening out skin tones and creating a unified canvas, and Pigment Powder is eye shadow. 

The 3D Fiber Lashes scared me most of all. Now, I am by no means a make up prude, and I certainly put more emphasis of lashes above all else, but the description of this product just sounded so strange! It is a two-part system that consists of one tube that is called Transplanting Gel, and another called Natural Fibers. It is said to increase your own lashes in both thickness and length by 300%! 

My normal every day makeup routine is generally eyeliner, a bronzer, a little mascara and some lip-gloss. My not-so-everyday look consists of the same, with the addition of fake lashes and bright red lips. 

I love fake lashes. I always have a few different ones on hand. Gluing fake hair to your face is just part of being a girl sometimes. I’ve been using them for nearly a year now, but it still takes me about 15-30 minutes to get them on perfect some days. Also, I still seem to get them pretty messed up and they only last me about 3-5 uses before having to discard them. I’ve never been too big on eye color, so I was worried about trying the samples for that reason as well. 


For starters, as scary as is it, this is me with no make up on at all. I wanted the review to have a reference point so you can really see what a difference the Younique make up, makes. 

The first time I was trying the 3D Lashes I looked up a video on Youtube, demonstrating it just to be sure I was doing it correctly. I did as the video suggested and have both tubes in hand; ready to apply one after the other quickly. First I applied a coat of my own mascara. Then I applied the Transplanting Gel, which has a main ingredient of collagen. It goes on just as mascara does and doesn’t add too much other than a base for the fibers. 

Having the Natural Fibers tube opened and ready, I applied that while the Transplanting Gel was still wet. It really did make an immediate difference. I’ll admit, looking at the fibers, I did not expect a good result. it looks like fur while on the stick and I completely imagined a ‘chicken feathers on tar’ result. That was not the case at all! After having one eye done, the comparison was just amazing. 

This is with no make-up other than the 3D lashes!
I did the system cycle twice on each eye and I felt so pretty! I also was concerned with finding little hairs on my face throughout the day, so I applied the gel at the end to seal the fibers on and I didn’t experience any such mishaps at all. I truly believe it was the same result, in under a minute, as what I get with fake lashes, without the tedious application. I also didn’t have to worry about anyone noticing the unsightly double lash line you often get with the fake lashes. This is directly onto your own natural lashes and gives the illusion of them being completely yours, with the addition of mascara. 

This two-part system runs just $30, and it will be a product I purchase over and over again. And I should mention, it comes in an amazing little case. It looks like eyeglass case but has two little spaces for the system. 

I used the 3D Lashes for a week along with my other usual makeup routines, before ever cracking into the samples of Younique makeup that Lynne sent. Those scared me even more. I’m not used to using a lot of color of my face in general, but once I finally stopped putting it off, I was excited to get started! 

First I had to think about how I was going to approach this. I decided that, to get the full effect of the samples, I would incorporate it into my usual makeup products for a full look. However, I kept it as minimal as possible to not draw attention away from the products I was attempting to highlight.

Although it doesn’t say too much about the actual product, I can only review what I am given; I really disliked the sample packs. They were extremely hard to open without scissors, despite the fact that they have ‘tear here’ marks. Also, they are very stiff and hard to get a brush into. I really didn’t want to dump the product out and have to waste leftovers for future use. It created an awful powdery mess while trying to use. 

Additionally, I wish that they had some kind of picture showing the color inside. They just had the color name, so I was left having to refer to the website an awful lot. 

Each of the following looks, aside from having different blush and eye shadow, include Younique Primer and Younique Moodstruck Minerals Concealer (FOXY). They also all have foundation and eyeliner from my own personal makeup supply. The photos really do not do justice to the vibrancy of most of the colors! 





Look One. First I applied the primer. It was so soft! I loved using it. Then I continued with my foundation and eyeliner. Lynne sent me a few of each color of concealer. I determined that there was two colors that may have worked for me by comparing the names on the packets to the products on her website. In the end, the closest match was called ‘Foxy’. However, I still didn’t think it was close enough, so until they come out with a few more options, I don’t think that is a product I will continue to use. Right now they currently have 6 options. 

The blush I chose for this look was called ‘Seductive’. It was a little pinker than I would normally choose for myself. The Pigment Powder (eye shadow) is called ‘Provoked’. I really enjoyed this one! It’s a nice warm brown and definitely something I would continue to wear.
 



This look is highlighting ‘Sweet’ blusher, and ‘Confident’ pigment powder. To be honest, I really didn’t like the blush when I first applied it, it wasn’t until all the finishing touches were done that it all came together and I completely changed my mind about it! I was very excited by this eye shadow as well. Just as implied, I really did feel confident while wearing it.
 



In this photo, I am wearing ‘Sophisticated’ Blush, and ‘Beautiful’ Pigment powder. The blusher was very bright. In my opinion it is more of a party look, than and every day look. Meanwhile, I didn’t care too much for the pigment powder. Maybe it was just in comparison to the other Younique colors I had been wearing lately, but I felt it was quite boring and flat. I was a straight matte lighter brown.
 



My final combination included ‘Scandalous’ blush and ‘heartbroken’ pigment powder. I wasn’t a huge fan of the blush. It was just a lot brighter and pink toned than I would choose for my skin tone. I enjoyed the eye shadow a lot! It was a pretty pink with tons of sparkles in it. 

I really enjoyed getting to experiment with all of the different colors. I was able to try on things I never would have had the guts to do otherwise. This experience has taught me to not be afraid of makeup. If it looks bad, it can be erased with a makeup remover wipe in a matter of seconds. I can be ‘confident’, and ‘precocious,’ or ‘seductive’ and ‘empowered’, along with every mood in between, and I can change my mind as often as I want.


 

The last and final picture is a complete look. It has all components put together with the combination of Younique blush and eye shadow that I liked best.
 

This look included, from top to bottom, Younique Face and Eye Primer, my own foundation- both liquid and powder, my own bronzer, my own eyeliner, Younique Moodstruck Pigment Powder (Confident), Younique Moodstruck Blusher Powder (Sweet) Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes and a little of my own shimmery lip-gloss. I absolutely love everything about this look. First off, do you see those lashes?! That is after just two coats of the fiber lashes. These are beauty products I will buy again and again!

On Lynne's website, www.youniqueproducts.com/lynne, you can check out even more links of submitted pictures for more ideas of great combinations.

Lynne wanted me to mention about the amazing opportunities in becoming a presenter for Younique, as well.

  • You can run a successful business from the comfort of your own home without ever having to physically have people in your home. Younique loves the social media!
  • You can receive, transfer, or spend your money with you making the decisions and controlling your earnings. Instant deposits onto your own Younique credit card.
  • Younique's hostess reward program is one of the most generous in the business. Easy for both you and your hostess to manage.

    Find out more here, www.youniqueproducts.com/lynne   
Contact Lynne Cooper
Website- www.youniqueproducts.com/lynne
Facebook- www.facebook.com/youniquelynne
Email- youniquelynne@gmail.com


*** 
This post was originally posted at WAHM Review and is being cross posted here by the original author.  I received no monetary compensation for this review, however I was provided with the product for free for purposes of review.  All opinions are my own. Click here see our full disclosure policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment