Reviewer ~ Jackie Snider
Words cannot express how perfect this next review was for me. I had the immense pleasure of getting to try three different products from Rodan + Fields Dermatologists. In a few pleasant exchanges between Camille Vickers Jones and myself, I explained my skin issues and concerns and she promptly knew exactly what I needed. After she told me she was shipping it out, it took only 3 days to receive it! I was very impressed by how quick and efficient she was.
I have never been blessed with good skin. In addition, I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t treat it as well as I should. My entire life, childhood included, I have had very dry skin. I was diagnosed with eczema as a child, and possible psoriasis as an adult. I get dry patches on my face, namely my nose area and hairline, as well as my neck. In recent years I have developed a combination of both dry and oily skin. This is very hard to manage as most treatments are targeted for one or the other. So again, by nature, my skin has always been doomed.
To take
in to account my own self-damaging behaviors, it doesn’t get any better.
I am a smoker, which is not good for your skin. In the last year,
started wearing a decent amount of make up. By decent I mean everything
from liquid and powder foundation all the way to fake eyelashes. I tend
to shower in the morning and often fall asleep in my makeup. I’ve never
been one to wear sun block, as sunburn has never been an issue. It
should be said that 8 months ago, I moved to the Mojave Desert. I’ve
been experiencing sun damage for the first time in my 24 years of life.
The sun here is hotter than any I’d ever experienced and is dry and
knowingly damaging. The water here is basically undrinkable and everyone
has to use filtered water cooler companies. However, you can’t escape
it when it comes to showering. I’ve tried numerous over the counter
treatments as well as many dermatologist prescriptions.(This photo doesn’t do justice, but you can see the red inflamed skin on and around my nose, as well as in my hairline.)
After explaining all of this to Camille Vickers Jones, she sent me what she felt were the best defenses against all my daily troubles. She included part of the Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Soothe Regimen.
In the box was also a very nice handwritten note from Camille explaining the products and wishing me well with my time with them. I thought that was an extremely personal touch that meant a lot to me.
I retrieved the package from my mailbox late in the evening. Although the wash said to use both AM and PM, I’m a bit OCD about not starting treatments from the beginning, so I decided to start first thing in the morning.
I did, however, open them all up and smell! I thought both the wash and lotion didn’t have much of a scent. I assume that’s because they aren’t loaded with unnecessary fragrances. The lip balm gave the best first impression. As soon as I opened it I was intoxicated by the smell. In my opinion, it smelled of green tea! It was so soft and moisturizing. When I woke up the next morning it still felt freshly applied.
So before starting the treatment, I thought about how to make the most of it. I didn’t want to taint the result, if I could help it. I decided I would run a 2-week long course before writing the review to really be able to test results. I also vowed to only where makeup when absolutely ‘necessary’. Even then I would only wear the essentials. Lastly, I promised that I would stick to doing the regimen first thing in the morning, and last thing in the evening, thus preventing sleeping in the makeup.
On the first day, I woke up and immediately went to the bathroom to try the Soothe Gentle Cream Wash. It has directions for both dry and oily skin types.
For oily, it says to wet the skin, massage in a quarter sized amount of the wash into entire face evenly, rinse thoroughly and pat dry. For dry skin it says to massage in quarter-sized amount directly onto dry skin and use a gauze pad to remove any excess. Since mine is a mixture, I decided to just go with the more traditional way of using a face wash.
The first thing I noticed as I applied it is the smooth milky texture. There was nothing overly fancy or exciting about the wash itself. It had no scent, bright colors, or busting exfoliation beads. In fact, it doesn’t even lather. The lack of lather threw me off a little at first since that wasn’t something I was used to. The chemical agents that cause soaps to lather are often unnecessary and can even be harmful.
I applied it to my whole face, taking extra care to highlight
the bridge and side of my nose, as well as my hairline. Also, it is
stressed to avoid the eye area. Half the time, as one of the daily
treatments occurred in the shower, I also included the dry patch on my
neck. I discovered it’s a little difficult to wash your neck at the sink
without making a mess. After every use I applied a dime-sized amount of the Soothe Moisture Replenishing Cream to my whole face, excluding my eyes and neck. The lotion is fragrance free, and very soft. It didn’t feel sticky or leave much residue. I did notice it left my face looking a little oily/shiny the first few days, but after my skin got used to the treatment this stopped occurring.
I used the ESSENTIALS Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25 usually at least once a day.
![]() |
| As you can see, the skin is no longer red.
It still is slightly blemished and paler than the rest of my face. This
is after one week of use. |
However I did miss at least one treatment a day, for a four days period in the middle of the second week. I got a really bad cold, which left my nose raw. Immediately following that, we had a blackout that lasted for over 24 hours, which made such rituals a challenge.
However, after just three days of use, I could see and feel such a difference. My nose was no longer the angry red I’ve been used to on and off for years. After two weeks of nearly faithful use, I’m a huge believer in the products provided by Camille Jones, representative of Rodan + Fields Dermatology. All redness has disappeared from my problem areas, and is no longer irritated at all. The areas are slightly paler, as they haven’t been exposed to the sun as much due to the dry patches being there so long.
I have about half of a tube of the Soothe Gentle Cream Wash ($41) left after my two weeks of use, so I would guess it lasts about a month. The same can be said for the Soothe Moisture Replenishing Cream ($53).
It’s hard to say how long the Lip Shield would last, as I’m sure that fluctuates person to person based on usage. The Essential Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25 can be purchased for $16 for a 2 pack! These are all amazing prices based on the results I’m confident to say you will achieve!
![]() |
| End results after two weeks of use. |
So If you have been trying unsuccessfully to find the right skin treatment for your troubled skin, or maybe haven’t known where to even start, I can’t recommend Rodan + Fields Dermatology products enough. On top of that, I highly recommend going through Camille Vickers Jones to do so. She was so nice and friendly. She checked in to see how things were going, and was always there if I had any questions or concerns.
(I apologize that the three photos are of different brightness and environment.
I promise the end results of two weeks use, is as good as it looks in the third photo!)
Contact Camille Vickers Jones:
Rodan + Fields Website
***




Good routines often come down to taking care of small details before they become bigger problems, and the same idea applies to maintaining trees around a home. Dead or crossing branches, overgrown canopies, and limbs growing too close to roofs can create avoidable issues. Regular pruning can improve airflow and structure, and BuckeyeTree Pro notes that proper trimming follows ANSI A300 pruning standards rather than relying on unnecessary topping.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe point about how the dry climate and strong sun in the Mojave Desert affected the skin is really interesting. It shows how much the surrounding environment can influence an outdoor experience and why it is useful to consider local conditions before spending time outside. Travelers visiting desert regions may also want to think about factors such as sun exposure, temperature, hydration, and timing when planning their activities. For anyone exploring Abu Dhabi, this is especially relevant when planning an Abu Dhabi desert safari, where choosing the right time and preparing for the desert environment can make the experience much more comfortable and enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteThe discussion about how the Mojave Desert climate and water quality affected the skin is really interesting. Dry conditions and environmental factors can have a noticeable impact on both people and property. Water-related problems can also become serious when moisture gets into areas where it should not be, so addressing leaks and moisture issues early is important. Professional water damage restoration can help reduce the impact when unexpected water damage occurs.
ReplyDeleteThe focus on maintaining a consistent personal care routine also reflects how small regular checks can help avoid bigger issues later. For people living in Qatar, checking QID related penalties through the MOI portal or Metrash can show violation details, amounts, dates, and payment status, while click here provides guidance on the process.
ReplyDeleteThe post focuses on how everyday conditions can affect personal routines and why paying attention to practical details can make a noticeable difference. A similar approach applies when planning a move, since careful preparation, organized packing, and choosing the right support can reduce unnecessary stress and make the transition smoother. Sparta Movers fits naturally into that broader idea of handling major changes with thoughtful planning and attention to the details that matter.
ReplyDeleteThe skincare routine discussed here highlights how paying attention to everyday choices can support a more mindful routine overall. Using a Tim Hortons nutrition calculator can similarly make meal planning easier by letting you add foods and drinks, select available serving sizes, and review calories, protein, carbohydrates, fat, sugar, fiber, and sodium in one place. This is especially useful when comparing a coffee, breakfast item, or sweet treat before deciding what fits your daily intake.
ReplyDeleteThe page highlights how nutrition tracking has become more practical with updates such as faster mobile performance custom drink tracking and food nutrition details while the changelog also explains features like calorie saving swaps and saved orders making https://starbuckcaloriecalculator.com/updates-and-changelog/ useful for following these changes
ReplyDeleteThe review discusses maintaining a consistent personal care routine, and having organized online services can similarly make everyday tasks easier to manage. For driving licence related needs, the guide covers learner licence applications, driving licence services, renewals, duplicate licences, address changes, application status checks, and test slot booking. You can learn more about these steps and the documents generally required.
ReplyDeleteA thoughtful skincare routine often involves keeping personal and professional details organized as well, especially when handling forms, records, or other documents. A useful option is Hier prüfen, where you can create a digital signature by drawing, typing, or uploading your own signature and download it as a transparent PNG without registration. It can also be used with PDFs, Word documents, and emails, which makes signing routine paperwork more convenient.
ReplyDeleteSkin care reviews can be useful for understanding how people assess products, especially when looking at changes in skin texture, irritation, or overall appearance. For anyone dealing with persistent skin concerns at home, a practical https://buganalyzr.com/spiders-identifier/ can also help identify household spiders and distinguish them from other small pests. Keeping both personal care and the surrounding environment in mind can make everyday routines more informed.
ReplyDeleteSkincare reviews show how important it is to understand product ingredients and choose options that suit your individual needs, especially when dealing with dryness or sensitivity. In the same way, keeping household appliances in good condition can make everyday routines easier, and Al Haram Electrical Appliances Repairs Shop is a useful resource for those seeking Teka appliance repair services in Abu Dhabi.
ReplyDeleteSkincare routines can make a real difference when products are chosen according to individual skin concerns, and this review highlights why consistency and gentle care matter when dealing with dryness and irritation. Just as skincare requires the right approach, starting a business in a new market takes careful planning, and https://ebfs.ae/ offers information about business setup services in the UAE. Both situations show how informed choices and the right guidance can help people feel more confident about their next steps.
ReplyDelete